Yucatan offers a number of benefits to those wishing to retire:
1. Cost of living is very reasonable.
2. Affordable housing, insurance, healthcare and transportation.
3. 'State of the art' healthcare and hospitals allows for a more comfortable transition for those wishing to retire to Yucatan.
4. Safety. Strong police force. Strong community. Low tolerance for crime.
5. Multi-cultural community. The Yucatan community for those who retire in this region will find many English Speaking neighbors. Library, events, exhibitions are normally displayed in multi language shows.
6. Tropical climate. Year round gardening and harvesting allows for pleasant retirement living in Yucatan.
7. Close proximity to beaches, Mayan Sites, Caves, Cenotes.
8. Numerous museums, galleries, cultural events, symphony orchestra, ballet, theater.
9. Retirement living in Yucatan is welcomed by the locals with friendliness and acceptance and a curiosity to interacting with the foreigners.
10. Great food, drink and nightlife.