What's so important about where you choose to buy your Mexico condo for sale? All those beachfront tourist towns are the same anyway, aren't they?
Well, not really. Consider 2 very closely related markets - Playa del Carmen real estate and Cancun real estate; the stark distinction between the styles of condo lifestyle in these 2 locations so close by to each other demonstrates that while each area has its own strengths and appeals to a certain type of buyer, they are most certainly not the same.
Condos in Playa del Carmen are defined by 3 main features that have shaped the city's lifestyle:
- The provincial atmosphere created by low-rise buildings, sidewalk cafes and pedestrian walkways appeal to people who like the small-town lifestyle. Little markets, local cafes and fresh bakeries are easy to come by. Playa del Carmen is a walk-anywhere community.
- A European lifestyle has been brought to Playa del Carmen by a large number of Italian investors and residents. The provincial atmosphere is flavored by the strong presence of these Europeans, as well as the Argentineans with their steak houses and soccer bars.
- Access to the beach has been made easy for people living in any part of the town. Residents can buy a condo 5 or 6 blocks back and still enjoy a relaxing, comfortable walk to the beachfront, through streets that exemplify the atmosphere mentioned above. This means that buyers on a lower budget can consider the less expensive condos back from the beach and still enjoy a complete beachfront lifestyle.
Condos in Cancun are defined by the following 3 concepts
- High-rises on the beachfront, in the city's famous Hotel Zone, not only offer real estate buyers spectacular views, but they also offer the option of lower-priced condos directly on the beachfront, since more condos can be fit into the same space.
- Modern Convenience - Cancun is the hub of the area's modern malls, movie theaters, international stores and state-of-the-art health care. While Playa del Carmen is only 45 minutes away, Cancun's residents enjoy this as a defining factor of their lifestyle.
- Downtown options - Cancun's downtown is separated from the beachfront by a large lagoon, but has developed a character of its own. Offering all the same modern conveniences, it also offer many local restaurants and cafes and, in short, a truly urban lifestyle. Prices are also quite accessible.
Considering how much Playa del Carmen and Cancun differ, it's amazing that Mexico offers many beachfront or even inland communities each with a distinct style of their own.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Playa del Carmen real estate.
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+