One of the longest established favorites for American expats in Mexico real estate is the Puerto Vallarta real estate market. While beachfront condos have gained considerable popularity recently, one of the original favorites that continues to hold high appeal are Mexico homes for sale on the hillside.
Homes on Puerto Vallarta’s beautifully-rugged hillside offer buyers the following advantages:
- Views of the Bay and mountains – Puerto Vallarta is located near the center of the Bay of Banderas, which includes a long stretch of beaches, and is surrounded by the areas Sierra Madre Mountains. Homes located at the points where the city roads begin to move upward along the hillside have beautiful views of all of this – not to mention the splendid sunsets out over Pacific Ocean.
- Views of the town – In addition to the natural beauty, hillside homes often have very nice town views, out over the old town with its little white homes and classic church at its center. Other town views can overlook the tree-lined streets of the newer neighborhoods with beautiful large homes. The combined town view and Bay view is perhaps even more desirable than a direct beachfront location.
- Walking distance to amenities – Most of the hillside communities are either within walking distance to the old town or to the newer development areas. The old town offers the dining boutiques and nightlife of the “Malecon” (beachfront promenade) as well as many other shops, restaurants and galleries. The newer development areas include malls with large supermarkets and international stores for complete shopping convience.
- Close access to the beach – While they are not directly on the beach, they are most certainly not far away. Some hillside locations are within walking distance, others would be a short taxi ride way. Taxis in Puerto Vallarta are very affordable. At a first glance, many buyers think that the direct beachfront location is more appealing. However, after more consideration, the majority of buyers realize that in the long run, the beautiful views and convenient locations are worth just as much.
- Incredible value – Not the least of the reason for this preference is the pricing value of being “back from the beach.” Homes with absolutely gorgeous views will be noticeably less than anything directly on or next to the beachfront. Since the beach is never far away, most buyers find the savings worthwhile; since the cost of living is low, these savings will go a long way in Puerto Vallarta!
When buyers view their Puerto Vallarta real estate options, it is advisable for them to ask their agent to show them a few hillside home options. It may just be the right property type for their needs at the price they are looking for.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely