Myth: Life near the beachfront is only a luxury for the rich.
Fact: Playa del Carmen condos offer comfortable living within walking distance from the beach for very reasonable price, accessible to the average budget.
Quite fairly, you’ll be asking yourself, “What exactly is a reasonable price?” and “If it is a low price, will it really be nice?”
Low Prices – Not all condos in Playa del Carmen are accessible to the average budget, but most are. There are a good number of units that fall below the “average” price range as well. Of course, we’ve all heard this before, only to realize that the salesperson means $500,000 USD when they say “average.” “Oops,” we think, “I guess I’m nowhere near average then.”
This is not the case in Playa del Carmen condos. While prices change according to demand and funds generally available to most buyers, during 2010/2011 condos have been available for under $150,000 USD. These prices have been made even better by pre-construction discounts. Financing options have also helped to make these prices even more attractive. At the same time, beachfront properties in the U.S. couldn’t even be imagined for a price anywhere near this. Even more standard vacation properties in the U.S. and Canada are much higher on average; in Canada, for example, lakefront cottages that can really only be used a couple months of the year were selling for 4-5 times as much during 2010.
Now it’s clear that good prices are available. What about the “nice” part? For this price, you could expect the following features:
- A gated community – Gated communities with controlled access in a nice part of town is not too much to ask for. These communities not only add further security but also reduce traffic and make it easier to relax.
- A pool, lounge and exercise area – If you choose to relax right at home, you have what you need, right at your doorstep.
- A penthouse or garden apartment – Units like these usually cost more, but if you buy when there are preconstruction discounts, you can find a penthouse or garden condo (i.e. one on the ground floor with a private yard.)
- Bike trails and green areas – Within your gated community, you can expect these nice little extras.
- A walk to the beach – For the lower prices, you usually won’t be looking directly on the beachfront, but it’s perfectly reasonable to be considering Playa del Carmen condos a few blocks back, within comfortable walking distance.
In conclusion, do you still think that comfortable living near the beach is only for the rich? Try it out for yourself, in Playa del Carmen.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Doug Morgan was born in Dayton, Ohio and got his education in the Buckeye State. He has enjoyed success in the life insurance business and investment business, and is now enjoying a relaxing retirement in Playa del Carmen. His great joys are his 3 wonderful grandchildren back in Ohio, and enjoying his travels and exploration of life in Mexico. His most difficult challenges in life at this point are trying to master the Spanish language and continuing to perfect his margarita recipe.