Right now in the Mexico real estate market, Tulum real estate is definitely a hotspot. Within Tulum real estate, what everyone is talking about is land. But what about Tulum condos for sale? The market certainly exists – can it too offer excellent investment opportunity?
From our perspective, we feel the answer is quite likely “yes.” While all investment involves evaluating probabilities, the probabilities in the Tulum condo market look promising. They share many of the same advantages that land does plus a few of their own. Let’s consider these advantages.
- Low Prices – As with land, prices are low compared to other places on the Riviera Maya. While condos will cost more than lots, they will also offer more when the property is delivered and require no further time or monetary investment into improvement. For this reason they are ideal for those planning to make some other use of the property immediately. The most important point is that the prices appear to be much lower than what they potentially could be in the near future.
- Growing Tourism – Tourism in Tulum is growing. While tourism has existed for about 40 years (since the creation of Cancun), it has grown rather slowly since then, and only now, with the boom of Playa del Carmen, are things beginning to move southward at a rapid rate. The region as a whole (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel and Tulum) comprise Latin America’s most important tourism region. This increases the possibility of further growth, further investment into services, and growing demand for real estate.
- Tulum International Airport – Sometime in the near future, Tulum will have an international airport only 8 miles away from the town center. This airport will contribute heavily to the growth of tourism, and to the attractiveness of real estate; it will transform Tulum real estate from the “end of the road” of Cancun’s domino-effect success to a new center in itself. International eyes will begin to watch and notice tourism and real estate more carefully.
- Support of Nearby Services – One of the great anxieties of investing in a newer real estate market before its boom is the uncertainty if the promised new services will really appear. While this makes for another risk to consider in cases where the area is isolated and not conveniently near any established cities, this is not the case for Tulum. Condos in Tulum, like the other property types, already enjoy the benefits of stores, hospitals, marinas and golf courses in Playa del Carmen (about 50 minutes way) and even more in Cancun (about 1 hr 45 min away), including the very well connected Cancun International Airport. While investors wait for Tulum’s own services (which are already appearing) there is no shortage of support in this area. This also means less adventurous buyers (i.e. those who don’t take investment risk, and want a comfortable lifestyle from the get go) will start buying in the area before it “comes of age.” In fact, this has already started.
- Rental Possibility – In one way, when the tourism boom gets more fully underway, condo owners will have an advantage; the properties will be ready to rent out without needed improvement. This factor can already offer advantage in Tulum’s current tourism market, but will offer that much more.
- Variety of Choices – Although the market is still relatively small, there are a variety of choices showing up. There are individual condo complexes in the downtown area, and gated community master developments which integrate the benefits of the complex with those of the community itself. Each has its own advantages.
Buyers interested in Tulum or the Riviera Maya should consider Tulum condos. The signs are very good.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely