If you are considering Playa del Carmen, Mexico real estate, you may wonder if Playa del Carmen beachfront for sale is the best option for you; other options, such as golf course real estate, present very attractive luxury alternatives. The following are some of the pros & cons to consider.
- Direct Access to the Beach – While just about everyone living in Playa del Carmen has good access to the beach, because of the layout of the community, there is something about living directly on the beachfront, with the sand at you front door and being able to sit on your balcony, directly overlooking the sand and turquoise sea. For many buyers, a Playa del Carmen condo for sale directly on the beach is ideal for this reason.
- Vacation Rental Income – If you don’t use your condo all year round, a beachfront condo is ideal for generating rental income. The same factors just mentioned are the most attractive to vacationers, and there will be less “down time” as well as higher rental prices.
- Walk-everywhere Lifestyle – While there are certainly other properties in Playa del Carmen that offer a walk-everywhere lifestyle, the beachfront locations usually have a good number of services nearby, not to mention that the most important benefit – the beach – is the shortest walk away.
- Exclusivity – While there are plenty of property options for all budgets within a few blocks of the beach, the beachfront itself has developed as an exclusive neighborhood; buildings are nice, people keep up their units, stores and restaurants that appear are tasteful and, in general, it’s a lifestyle suitable for buyers with taste.
- Relative Pricing – This is perhaps the only major downside; a condo with similar design, quality and amenities (both in the complex and nearby) will cost noticeably less a couple of blocks back from the beach. However, this factor is balanced out by the rental potential for those who take advantage of it, and if the lure of living right on the beach is #1, then there’s little to hesitate about.
- Range of Choices – If buyers are looking for a condo with terraces directly overlooking the sand, there is a lower range of options than for those who are willing to consider within a few blocks.
The pros are very strong, and the difference usually just comes right down to the question: “How important is it to have a balcony overlooking the sand?”
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely