One of the biggest trends just starting in Mexico real estate is investment in Tulum real estate. However, one sub-market which receives little attention is Tulum homes for sale. Here we will explore some of the benefits of investing in this market.
- Growing Demand – As tourism and real estate grow in Tulum, the demand for homes is also just beginning to show up. Many investors are focusing on land, which in itself is a good option allowing owners to build a home and resell in the home market later on. Some investors are just “sitting” on their land for the time being waiting for values to rise. In any case, it is very likely that soon there will be strong demand for homes on the market, and buying an existing home now will allow buyers to see return with little further investment.
- Unique Real Estate Option – Currently the Tulum real estate market is dominated by land and a growing number of condos. There are not many homes. Now when the growing demand has not yet become apparent, it is a good time to buy a home; when growing demand becomes apparent, those who own the existing homes will be able to move ahead of those who need to build first to take advantage of the appreciation.
- Usable While Market Rises – Another advantage is that someone who buys a home can use that same property while waiting for the market to rise. Land in Tulum is unquestionably a great investment, but if the buyer wishes to use it, they would first have to build a home. A completed home could also have some potential for rental income. This is especially attractive for someone who wishes to use the property, but does not want to go through the process of finding a design and building.
- Downtown Location – Most of the homes currently available in Tulum are in the downtown area. This means a walk-everywhere lifestyle. Stores, restaurants and other services are readily available within a few blocks of most properties. As Tulum grows, the downtown area will also see the most growth in terms of services, increasing the value even more. The beach is an easy bike ride from downtown.
- Ecological Options – One of the growing trends in Tulum which sets it apart from the rest of the Mexican Caribbean is its focus on the environment and ecologically-friendly options. Some existing homes have been built to be almost entirely sustainable in energy use and waste disposal.
Those thinking of investing in Tulum should ask their agent to present them with a few options in homes. It may just be the right choice.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Tulum real estate
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+