One of the remarkable features of Playa del Carmen real estate is that properties back from the beach hold a very similar appeal to those directly on the beachfront, and have advantages of their own. So when you're looking for your Playa del Carmen condo for sale, where should you look - on the beach or off the beach? Consider these descriptions of advantages of each to help you decide.
The Advantages of Directly on the Beach
- Views - Playa del Carmen beachfront for sale holds some of the highest appeal; this is because the beachfront is one of the most beautiful in the world. The beaches are very wide, with soft, white sand. The water of the Caribbean is turquoise. At night, the lights of the island of Cozumel shimmer in the distance. Views of this scene define your day to day life, as you enjoy breakfast on your balcony or a rooftop barbeque in the evening.
- Convenience of Beach - Of course, these beaches aren't just for looking at; living next to these beaches, you can walk out from the poolside lounge of your condo complex right onto this soft, warm sand and enjoy a daily walk in the most relaxing way you could imagine it. Depending on where you buy, you may also have a beachfront that is relatively free of visitors - quiet and out of the way.
- Rental Appeal - Condos directly on the beachfront hold the highest appeal for vacation renters. This means that if you don't use your condo all year round, you can rent it out to vacationers who will pay good amounts for this privilege; for small groups, it's still cheaper than paying the hotel or resort. For this purpose, it's ideal to have a larger condo of 3 or 4 bedrooms.
The Advantages of Back from the Beach
- Proximity to Services - While beachfront condos downtown are definitely close to services, those a few blocks back are even closer to many of the services; the beachfront tends to be the focal point of restaurants, cafes and boutiques. While all of these can be found back from the beach, the area back from the beach holds a monopoly on stores like Walmart or Office Depot; of course, the beach is still a reasonable walk away (10-20 min.) but these services are only a block or two. http://www.topmexicorealestate.com/Article-real-estate/Art-details.php?propId=4395
- Pricing - Of course, prices back from the beach drop off noticeably with only a few blocks distance. For many people, the fact that the convenience of walking everywhere is still there, they are willing to trade off direct location on the beachfront for these savings.
Which is best for you? Probably the best way to find out is to visit, and see for yourself.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Playa del Carmen real estate.
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+