When you decide to buy Tulum real estate, the main choice that usually comes to mind is Tulum land for sale. However, there are also excellent Tulum condos for sale available on the market. Both have their own appeal. Consider the following advantages to help you decide between the two.
Advantages of Land in Tulum
Land has clear advantages directly connected to Tulum’s current appeal to buyers. These include:
- Investment potential – Tulum is currently just beginning its real estate boom. The town is “next in line” following on the success of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, which are only 2 hours and 1 hour away respectively. In the near future, an international airport is planned which will accelerate this process by bring more tourists (i.e. potential buyers) and more investment. Currently the town is small, but as the demand grows, land and improved land is expected to offer buyers excellent return.
- Build the way you want – Land always offers the advantage that you as the owner can have a home built exactly as you imagine it and want it. This frees you of the constraints of an existing structure. Many buyers who have a clear idea of their dream home are attracted by this possibility.
- Variety of styles – Land in Tulum is not just land in Tulum. There are luxury, upscale land developments with village center areas, there are eco-developments based the concept of preserving the surrounding nature and allow buyers to have sustainable homes built and there are raw land plots available for a variety of uses. Land is currently the property type with the most options in Tulum.
Advantages of Condos in Tulum
Condos are property type gaining less attention; however, they also have some clear advantages of their own, including:
- Ready to use – The first advantage of a condo is that you don’t have to go through the process of having anything planned or built (and the related processes and procedures) before you can enjoy it. Condos are ready to move in and enjoy.
- Rental potential – Depending on the location, condos in Tulum already have some potential for vacation rentals for those who don’t use their property all year round.
- Pricing – The prices of condos in Tulum are low compared to more established tourist and expat locations. This points to some potential for good appreciation in itself.
If you are not sure which is best for you, contact a reliable, experienced agent to view properties of both types and help you decide.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Tulum real estate
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+