One of the remarkable parts of the condo market in Playa del Carmen is that it is continually growing and adapting to meet demands of buyers. During 2011 and beyond, the following are some of the features buyers can expect to see in the Playa del Carmen condo market.
- Spacious Design – Condos are being designed for the comfort of the expats from the United States and Canada who buy them. 2 bedroom and even larger is common, as well as open concept design and large terraces. Space and comfort is important and available. Of course, smaller units are possible, but the trend is towards emphasizing comfortable living in plenty of space.
- Luxury Features – Either optional or sometimes included are items such as air conditioners and Jacuzzis. Most condos will include nice, modern tile work on floors and parts of the wall, kitchen bars, walk-in closets and similar features. These types of features go hand in hand with the comfort provided by the spaciousness of design, and they are readily available in units in Playa del Carmen’s condo market.
- Nice Complexes – The condo complexes are also focused on comfort. While the beach is usually a comfortable walk away, it’s nice to have the convenience of a pool and exercise area within the complex, and this is the exact approach that developers are taking. Poolside lounges and shaded areas are also items to look for.
- Nice Gated Communities – Moving outward from the unit itself, there are new gated communities where these nice condos are located. Features to be looked for include bike trails, green areas, manned gated security and building guidelines to ensure the development of a nice atmosphere. Places like this not only provide a visually pleasant community atmosphere, but a calm, quiet and safe place to go for walks.
- Modern Services – Playa del Carmen is ever increasing the number of modern services available, which include large malls, stores like Walmart, nice new convenience stores, movie theaters, high-quality hospitals and golf courses. All of these can be expected within a short driving distance.
- Low Prices – Perhaps the most surprising part of all of this is that nice condos in a nice complex with a good location can be found for low prices. Developers know that the average American is now in a situation where affordability is key.
With a low cost of living, the question becomes, can retirees and other North Americans afford not to consider a Playa del Carmen condo and life in Mexico?
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely