You’ve been to Playa del Carmen’s splendid beaches and you’ve fallen in love with them. You know that you’re coming back often, for many vacations; but now you have the dilemma – should you buy Playa del Carmen real estate, or should you rely on Playa del Carmen vacation rentals to cover your needs when you visit? Consider the following list of benefits which each option offers to help you choose which one is most suitable for you.
Playa del Carmen Real Estate
- It’s yours 100% - There’s something to be said about owning the home or condo yourself. You can re-decorate and choose the furniture, colors, etc. You feel “at home” because it is your home, rather than visiting somewhere else. For many buyers this is an important factor in choosing to buy over renting.
- Investment potential – When you own the property yourself, you also get full advantage of the investment potential of that property. Playa del Carmen has many properties – homes, condos and lots – which offer excellent potential for increasing value and return for their buyers. This is also a key motivation for owning rather than renting.
- Rental income – Finally, if you use your property only parts of the year for vacations, you can put yourself on the other side of the coin and rent out to other people, offering another kind of return on investment. This kind of rental usually works best in properties that are either within a block or two of the beach or in a resort setting; usually vacation properties match this description anyway, but if you are buying with this intention, you should discuss the rental market with your agent to ensure the property you are buying will be appropriate.
Playa del Carmen Vacation Rentals
- Flexibility – One key advantage to choosing Mexico vacation rentals is that they are flexible; you can choose a beachfront condo downtown for spring vacations, and a large home in a quiet community for Christmas with more of the family. You’re not tied down to the property you own.
- Hassle-free – For many buyers, the fact that a vacation rental requires no specific attention (i.e. you don’t have to get the property ready when you arrive or take care of the maintenance) is an appealing point. When owning a property, this point can be addressed by means of a property management company, but when renting not even this is necessary.
- Try before you buy – Even if you are sure about wanting to buy, but you want to try out the lifestyle in a certain part of town or property type first, you can try out a short term rental in a few different places to help you decide. There are good rentals in all sorts of areas and real estate types in Playa del Carmen, making this kind of experimentation possible. The other advantage to doing this is that you can carry out a property search in the meantime.
- Pricing fluctuation – Another point which many people take advantage of while they are in the process of waiting for that ideal property to show up at the right price is that the rental market prices fluctuate; this means there are times when very nice rentals are available for excellent prices making it very viable to rent out a property while taking a little more time to carry out the property search.
While the final answer of which is better is up to you as an individual buyer, perhaps an ideal situation is to combine them in some way – i.e. use rentals while finding the perfect property for your needs. Your Playa dle Carmen real estate agent will be able to help you work out the details of what ever approach or combination you choose.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely