When buying Mexico condos for sale in the Puerto Vallarta real estate area, there are two main types of location to choose from; the beachfront and the hillside areas. Some advantages shared in common include walk-everywhere lifestyle, close access to all modern services (large grocery stores, modern shopping malls, excellent hospitals and a well-connected international airport,) and very good prices compared to similar prices.
The following are some of the distinct advantages of each to help you choose:
- Direct Beach Access – Living in a condo directly on the beachfront has, of course, as its main advantage the fact that you can walk out of your front door and right onto the sand of the beach. Many condo complexes include pool and lounge areas directly next to the sand as well so residents can enjoy the warm weather whichever way they prefer.
- Views – One of the most important things which residents enjoy, whether from their living-room window, their terrace or the poolside lounge is the view of the beaches and the amazingly blue ocean. Views like this are not easily found just anywhere, and when they are, there seldom this affordable.
- Potential for Vacation Rental – For the same reasons mentioned above, beachfront condos hold the highest appeal for vacationers. If you don’t use your condo all year round, you can usually enjoy a reasonable income from vacation rental.
- Views – Although we list this as an advantage for the beachfront, it is actually considered to be even a stronger point for the hillside. Views from the hillside include panoramas of the town, the Bay of Banderas on which the city is located as well as the surrounding hills and mountains. While the sand of the beach doesn’t appear directly, the view is otherwise more complete and for many buyers more attractive.
- Prices – Prices on the hillside tend to be lower for similar properties, even when the views are possibly better. While the beachfront is very well priced compared to luxury beachfront living in modern cities elsewhere, the hillside offers even lower prices.
- Quiet, Out-of-the-way Neighborhoods – The hillsides are quieter areas than the beachfront, which draws more attention from tourists. For many buyers, this is a huge appeal in itself. At the same time, the shops, restaurants, cafes and bars of the central and tourist areas are usually a walk (or at least a short drive) away.
So, which is the better choice? That depends on your needs, budget, lifestyle and purpose for the property. Discuss both options carefully with your agent to help decide which is best.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely