When you decide to buy Playa del Carmen real estate in the downtown area, your main choices are a Playa del Carmen condos for sale back from the beach, or Playa del Carmen beachfront for sale. The following are some of the advantages of each to help you choose between them.
Playa del Carmen Beachfront Condos for Sale – AdvantagesRelated : Condos on the Mexican Caribbean; A Comparison of Cancun's and Playa del Carmen's Beachfront
- Views of the beach – One of the main advantages of living directly on the beach are the views, which can be enjoyed from the living room, from the balcony or from the rooftop terrace. The views of the white sand and turquoise Caribbean Sea is priceless.
- Direct access to the beach – Just as important as the views is the direct access to the beachfront for enjoying it on a daily basis, right at your doorstep. There’s nothing like getting up in the morning, walking out of the front door of your complex onto the soft sand and making the most important decision of the day – should you walk to the left or two the right?
- Property Value – Beachfront condos hold high value, and they tend to hold their value fairly constantly. While this means a higher investment to begin with it also means more potential resilience to fluctuation in prices that have hit much of the world recently.
- Vacation rental potential – If you don’t use your property all year round, you can rent it out to other vacationers. Playa del Carmen has a strong tourism industry which doesn’t appear to be slowing down; condos directly on the beachfront hold the highest appeal for rentals for the same reasons just mentioned.
Playa del Carmen Condos for Sale off the Beach – Advantage
- Lower prices – For those on a lower budget, prices even a couple of blocks back from the beach are more accessible. The condo itself can be just as nice in every other way – design, extra features, on-site amenities, etc.
- Walking access to beach & services – Even 5 or 6 blocks back from the beach is still a very easily walkable distance. The walk is also pleasant. Also nearby are large stores like Walmart.
- Long-term rental – Properties further back from the beach may not hold much appeal for vacationers, but do hold mid- or long-term rental potential. This is a viable possibility for anyone who does not use their property for considerable lengths of time or who want to designate for investment income.
While the biggest factor is often budget, this is not always the deciding factor. Any of the given factors could sway the decision for you as a buyer one way or another depending on your needs or preferences.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely