Once you’ve decided to buy Tulum real estate, if your final goal is to enjoy a home in Tulum, you have two basic choices; one is to buy Tulum land for sale and have your home built, and the other is to buy a complete Tulum home for sale. The following are a few advantages of each to help you choose.
Having a Home Built on Your Tulum Land – Advantages
- Lower initial investment – Buying land, you can wait until you have the rest saved up to invest in the construction of the home. Some of the finishing details can also be completed as you have the funds available. For many, this is one attraction of buying land in Tulum.
- High-potential market – Just as importantly, as a real estate market that is just beginning its boom, land in Tulum has a high potential to increase in value significantly compared to total investment, especially if you have a home built on it. This fact is currently attracting many investors to Tulum.
- Large market to choose from – Since Tulum is just a small town, but interest is growing, there are a large number of land developments putting lots up for sale as well as raw land sales appearing on the market. Buyers can choose between different locations, prices, zoning areas, development types, etc. and have a good deal of options within each style.
- Custom design - Again, from the perspective of simple home ownership, buying a lot means you can have a home built the way you want it, in the style most appealing to you and the size you need.
Buying a Complete Home for sale – Advantage
- Immediate use – Those who wish to use their property immediately will find greater value in a home ready to use. There are a number of fine homes available on the market, and some are even sold furnished. This means no waiting and a lot less planning.
- Investment potential – While land holds the highest investment potential, all property in Tulum promises to be a good investment over the next few years. Certain properties may also hold rental income potential.
- Mortgages available – On a completed home in Tulum, American and Canadian buyers will be able to gain mortgage financing. This helps to make a vacation or retirement property more accessible more quickly in financial terms.
Which is better for you will depend largely on your needs. Carefully consider the timeline of when you need your property and how much you can invest how soon. On the most basic level, simply consider which type you feel most comfortable with.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Tulum real estate
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+