When planning a stay in La Paz, Baja California, whether short-term or long-term, it is important not to overlook one key point; Mexico insurance from a reputable insurer. Whether you are buying La Paz real estate to stay for retirement, or looking for a La Paz vacation rental for one summer visit, insurance will play a key role in offering security and peace of mind.
The following kinds of insurance will be useful for any kind of stay in La Paz:
- Health Insurance – Whether you are staying in La Paz for a couple of weeks or for your retirement, it is helpful to have good health coverage. While hospitals in Mexico are inexpensive – 50 to 70 % less – large procedures can still be a good chunk of money. In fact, some insurance will be cheaper for Mexican health care coverage simply for the reason that services are so inexpensive. Hospitals are available in the La Paz area are high quality with the newest equipment.
- Watercraft Insurance – La Paz is on the beautiful Sea of Cortez, which is famous for its many marina stops which allow travelers to travel easily throughout the sea. Having insurance for a boat is very important to offer peace of mind as you enjoy your yacht here. Insurance is likewise important for jet-skis.
- Auto/RV Insurance – La Paz is a reasonable drive from the U.S. border and easily accessible from the South-Western states and much of the rest of the country. This is especially true for those who enjoy RV trips. Whether traveling by RV or by car, it’s important to have full coverage through an insurer that works directly in Mexico.
Moving to La Paz
- Homeowners Insurance – When are in the process of buying your La Paz real estate, your agent will probably talk to you about insurance for your new property. If you are buying through a mortgage in Mexico, it is a requirement to have the property insured. In any case, it is very wise to protect this important, large-scale investment.
Short-term Visit to La Paz
- Travelers Insurance – For vacationers there are some packages available that cover a variety of items for short-term stays in La Paz and the rest of Mexico. This kind of travelers insurance can also be useful for real estate buyers on their first few trips down to La Paz to view properties while the get more permanent coverage set up.
Whatever your purpose in La Paz, and however long your stay, it is to your advantage to be sure you have good coverage from a reputable insurer that works directly in Mexico or directly with Mexican companies.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Mazatlan real estate Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+