When people consider Playa del Carmen real estate purchases and Playa del Carmen vacation rentals, they often see them as two opposing options – i.e. either buying a property for vacations or retirement, or renting one. However, the fact is that the two work very well together. Mexico vacation rentals in Playa del Carmen can both be a tool during the property search and offer a source of income to new owners.
Vacation Rentals as a Tool for Property Searches
- Experiencing Playa del Carmen – While you are looking for the final property you wish to buy, it is helpful to make a vacation rental in Playa del Carmen; this means that you will begin experiencing Playa del Carmen first hand even before you’ve closed or found your dream home or condo. Of course, this will just make you that much more eager to start your life in Playa del Carmen.
- Getting to Know Your Property Type – One of the advantages of this approach is that you can rent something similar to what you are looking for. For example, you’ve decided your best option is a condo in a small complex downtown a few blocks back from the beach. You can rent a unit similar to what you’re looking to buy and find out if it really is your cup of tea.
- Search Directly Within the Market – This will also allow you to search directly in the market. While your best resource will be an experienced, qualified agent, it can also help if you are walking around and seeing what the community is like and what kind of condos are around. You don’t even need to look for “for sale” signs; just look for something you like, and leave it to your agent to find the best similar property for sale.
Vacation Rentals as an Income Source
- Combining Investment & Enjoyment – The other side of the vacation rental market is that once you’re an owner, you can generate income in this way. It is important, however, if you are planning to do this to advise your agent so he/she can help you find a property that will hold strong appeal in the rental market.
- Online Listing Services to Increase Visibility – Some real estate agencies offer their buyers complementary rental listing services; if their web page already has good visibility in the real estate market, this kind of service will do well to increase visibility.
If you are considering buying in Playa del Carmen, ask your agent to help you find an appropriate rental during the search process!
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely