Mexico real estate has many excellent locations for Americans and Canadians to consider; two that stand out as exceptional choices are Cancun real estate and Puerto Vallarta real estate. The following is a comparison of some similarities and differences.
- Beachfront – Both Cancun and Puerto Vallarta are located on some of Mexico’s finest beaches. In both places, beachfront properties are readily available and life on the beach can be enjoyed directly at your “front door.” Both locations also offer nice properties back from the beach with close driving access to enjoy a walk in the warm sand, or a cold drink on a sunny day.
- Luxury Properties – The properties available in both locations are very nice, with spacious design, nice views, high-quality finishing details, onsite amenities (in the case of condo complexes) and full modern connections for everything from basic electricity to high-speed internet. A beachfront lifestyle can be enjoyed in comfort.
- Pricing – Just as important is that these luxury properties can be found in both Cancun and Puerto Vallarta for prices accessible to the average American budget. Financial tools such as mortgages help to make this even more accessible. The cost of day to day life is also considerably lower, making life’s little luxuries much easier to afford.
- Modern Services – Both locations have grown to be Mexico’s top tourist destinations. Along with this large-scale tourism have come many modern services including activities like boat tours, sight-seeing tours, movie theaters and professional golf, as well as day to day necessities like Walmart, Home Depot, modern malls and top of the line clinics and hospitals.
- Pacific vs. Caribbean – Puerto Vallarta is located on the Pacific Ocean, offering beautiful views of splendid sunsets where it looks like the sky is on fire. The Pacific Ocean also offers some unique oceanfront activities like surfing. Cancun, on the other hand, faces east on the Caribbean.
- Views – Puerto Vallarta not only offers views of the Ocean, but also of the beaches stretching out along the bay and the surrounding mountains. Cancun offers views of it’s very wide, white beaches, and the uniquely turquoise Caribbean beyond – beaches that many consider to be most beautiful in the world.
- History – Puerto Vallarta has its Old Town, and is not too far away from the birth place of Mexico’s famous liquor, the Tequila Valley. Cancun’s is close to many Mayan ruins, and about 1.5 hours from the awe-inspiring Chichen Itza pyramids, now one of the new wonders of the world.
The choice between these two locations can be a tough one, and is largely dependent on personal taste. In either case, a buyer will be enjoying a beachfront lifestyle at its best, at a price they can afford!
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely