Are you considering buying Playa del Carmen real estate? If so, you are like thousands of other Americans and Canadians who want to enjoy life in this beachfront Paradise called Playa del Carmen! While many buyers tend to have personal motivations to buy, the following are the 10 most popular reasons to buy real estate in Playa del Carmen.
- The Beaches – The beaches in Playa del Carmen, considered by many the most beautiful in the world, are wide, with soft, sand and warm water that has a unique turquoise color.
- Accessible Prices – One of the nicest things about living near these beaches is that the average American can actually consider as a viable option. For those on a lower budget, there are many properties within walking distance.
- The Cost of Living – In addition to the low cost of properties, the cost of living in Playa del Carmen is also very low. This makes it easier to cover basic expenses and still enjoy life’s little luxuries.
- Rental Potential – Those who own a property next to the beach in Playa del Carmen may have a very good opportunity to rent it out and generate a profit.
- Walk-Everywhere Lifestyle – The downtown beachfront area as well as a number of gated communities offer real estate buyers a lifestyle where they can walk to everything from the supermarket to the café or bar.
- Many Activities and Events – In addition to excellent dining, good bars and shopping that includes many items like jewelry, tequila or cigars, there is also sailing, diving, movies and golf to name just a few.
- Modern Services and Conveniences – Playa del Carmen has large international stores like Walmart, as well as a state-of-the-art hospital.
- Easy Air Access – Playa del Carmen is only 45 minutes away from the Cancun International Airport, which is the country’s second best connected; it offers major flights to all major locations throughout North America, again at prices the average American can afford. There are a growing number of discount airlines offering service as well.
- Nature – There is the lush jungle and the famous cenotes, which are natural, refreshing pools at the entrance to the underground caves and waterways. Many are excellent for swimming or snorkelling, all are beautiful.
- Nearby History – The pyramids of the ancient Mayans are all around the area, with the most famous of these, Chichen Itza, about 2 hours away.
Of course, these are only the most common reasons; once you start looking for your property, you find more of your own, and once you start living in Playa del Carmen, you will find even more!