The Mexican Caribbean has many fine locations for homes for sale. Two of these, which are separated by a narrow strait, are the markets of Playa del Carmen homes for sale and Cozumel real estate. The following are some of the main distinguishing points of each location for the sake of comparison.
Homes in Playa del Carmen
- Gated Communities – A favorite for American and Canadian buyers in Playa del Carmen are the beautiful homes on large lots in the green gated communities to be found surrounding downtown and in the outlying areas. Besides comfortable homes, these often offer many green spaces and bike trails.
- Golf Course Homes – Playa del Carmen has been named the golf capital not only of Mexico, but also of Latin America as a whole. There are beautiful homes available within the golf course community and even directly overlooking the fairways. In addition, these usually enjoy the same benefits as other gated communities.
- Fixer-Uppers – Although Playa del Carmen is relatively new, some of the original homes that were built are now in need of a bit of time and monetary investment to bring them back to their original comfort, or, in some cases, complete them. These can be found for excellent prices.
- Lots - Playa del Carmen land for sale is a property type often overlooked, but it offers buyers savings as well as the opportunity to have a custom home built the way they want it. Nice lots can be found in gated communities, next to golf courses and in gentrifying neighborhoods.
Homes in Cozumel
- Downtown – Because of the road and highway layout, Cozumel’s downtown area offers a larger area where American and Canadian buyers can consider homes for sale. Cozumel’s downtown combines conveniences and modern services with a quaint, small-town-like lifestyle atmosphere.
- Beachfront Homes – Since Cozumel is an island with one single city on it, there is a good deal of beachfront available where homes either exist or can be built. Cozumel is very natural and many buyers who choose a home on the more isolated beachfront areas appreciate this factor.
- Eco homes – Like Tulum on the mainland, Cozumel has developed somewhat of a culture for nature and the environment. Consequently, there are several areas where homes in ecological communities with off-the-grid utilities are available.
While Cozumel and Playa del Carmen share the Caribbean and the area’s beautiful beaches, the lifestyle offered by homes in either location is definitely distinct and appeals to a different kind of buyer.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Mazatlan real estate Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+