You’ve probably heard that Tulum is a great place to invest in land. This much is most certainly true. Something that may be a little less known is that there are some factors that can turn a good property purchase into a great investment. Many of the features offered by Aldea Zama, an upscale land development in Tulum, demonstrate this point.
Features to look for include:
- Location – Being near to the beach, the town center, resort complexes and shopping areas helps to make life comfortable and convenient. Aldea Zama is a walk away from the beach – in fact, it is on the only road from the town center to the beach which currently exists. On the way to the beach there will be a resort with a golf course and an upscale shopping promenade area. The town center is likewise a walk away, with local restaurants, handicraft shops, banks and larges stores like Walmart.
- Onsite Amenities – It’s also important that there are amenities directly within the community. Some lots are being sold separately and there is no guarantee that there will be amenities in the direct vicinity. Aldea Zama is a planned community which will include a shopping area with cafes, restaurants and various shops. This is in addition to the conveniences located downtown.
- Infrastructure – How will the roads be in the area where you are buying? How are they now? Buying where there is still only dirt road access or none at all can save money, but leaves high dependency on how quickly road infrastructure is completed, government budgets, other developments, etc. Aldea Zama’s roads are already in place and complete. Wiring and drainage are also installed, under the roads for visual appeal. There is nothing to wait for.
- Lot Preparation – Very closely related is the readiness of the lots for building. Just like you have to evaluate how much you can bank on future road development, you also have to evaluate the cost and the time of preparing a lot if it comes in a more “raw” state. Aldea Zama’s lots are ready for building. The connections are also ready.
- Community Atmosphere – You might think that it’s absurd to consider community atmosphere in a lot purchase, but it’s the uncertainty of how a community may develop that actually makes it that much more important to consider this factor. Aldea Zama has a defined visual atmosphere (rustic-contemporary), is designed to attract international tourists to its shopping area and has bylaws and measures to ensure that the community as a whole will maintain a nice and pleasant atmosphere.
There are many good land options in Tulum; there are a handful of great ones. Consider these factors to see which kind of land you are looking at.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Tulum real estate
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+