When you decide to buy Tulum real estate and make the nature & beachfront paradise your home, you’ll have to make one important decision to start; will you buy a complete Tulum homes for sale or invest in Tulum land for sale to have a home build? The following are some of the main advantages of each property type that will help you decide which option will work best for you.
Advantages of Tulum Homes for Sale
- Ready to Use – If you invest in a home for sale in Tulum, you can use it the day it’s delivered. Some homes are sold furnished as well, ready to use as “turnkey” sales. This is a fairly large attraction for many buyers since once you have your property in Tulum, you’ll be eager to use it as quickly as possible. If you are buying for retirement, and you’ve already retired, this will probably be a preferable option. One cold winter more is just one cold winter too many!
- Mortgages Available – Currently, there are mortgages available directly from banks in Mexico for homes purchased by American, Canadian and European buyers. Buying by means of a mortgage can make it easier to fit that dream home into a budget. There are also advantages to getting a mortgage in Mexico; that way, you can take the mortgage against the property you’re buying, as opposed to mortgaging a property back home and tying up home equity.
- Variety of Styles – Traditional Mexican homes are available that offer features like courtyards, colorful and flower-patterned tiles and style that’s ideal for relaxation the Mexican way. There are also entirely modern homes with large, glass windows, etc. One option which is gaining popularity is the eco-homes which are often completely sustainable, or at least include features such as alternative power and natural water-purifying gardens. The focus on nature and sustainability is a strong and growing culture in Tulum.
Advantages of Tulum Land for Sale
- Larger Market – One important point about Tulum is that it’s still a small town and much of the development and property sales taking place are in land. This means that there are a large number of options available, with variety in location, development style, size and price. This offers an advantage to you as a buyer since you can pick and choose the best that’s available.
- Lower Initial Investment – While getting a mortgage for land isn’t very feasible, land offers the advantage that you are investing a lower amount to begin with. This allows you to save up while you plan your future home. Generally speaking, buying land and having a home built also compares well in the final, total cost, offering overall savings in the long term.
- High Investment Potential – This same factor points to high investment potential. Tulum is expected to continue booming over the next couple of years with demand for real estate growing; this suggests that properties near the current town center in what’s currently mostly undeveloped jungle and countryside. In fact, many buyers are considering land in Tulum from purely from an investment perspective.
- Personalized Home – Like anywhere else, buying land and having a home built means that you can have the home designed the way you want it. This is a real advantage since it means you will be enjoying your dream lifestyle in Tulum in your own, personally designed dream home.
Both homes and land are excellent options. If you’re not sure which is the best option for you, you will want to start off your search process by talking to an experienced, qualified agent.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Tulum real estate
Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+