When you consider the three main property types available in Playa del Carmen – Playa del Carmen condos for sale, Playa del Carmen homes for sale and Playa del Carmen land for sale, you are not just choosing a property type on convenience, cost, etc.; you are also choosing a community and lifestyle since the different property types are available and/or more attractive in different communities. The following is a list of some of the main communities and community types with a brief description of what property types you can expect to find in each one.
- Condos – While Playa del Carmen still has a very much small-town atmosphere, demand is high for downtown and the condo lifestyle is the most suitable for the high number of services within close walking distance. Most condos are in the mid-range price, although some very good options are available for surprisingly low prices. Since price is mostly dependent on distance to the beach, some very nice condos within walking distance to all services and activities can be found for great prices.
- Homes – Just north of downtown there are also a couple of originally lower-income communities that are now showing signs of gentrification. Fixer-upper homes are available for very good prices and are a walk away from the beach and some parts of downtown.
- Land – In these same communities, there are lots for sale, again for excellent prices. Since you would be building a custom home, and this option looks promising in terms of investment as well.
- Homes – On south end of downtown is Playa del Carmen’s original upscale, gated community, Playacar, which is considered the Beverly Hills of the Mexican Caribbean. The most popular option in this exclusive community is homes either next to the beachfront or on the golf course.
- Condos – There are also condos available for sale, basically in the same locations as for the homes. Some condos can be found for very good prices and with a lifestyle you probably wouldn’t imagine possible!
- Condos – Puerto Aventuras is another gated community that is more like town in itself. It has a mall, a shopping and dining area and a school. It also has 3 marinas and a golf course. The condos with views over the waterways of the marinas are a favorite.
- Homes – Homes can be found on the beachfront areas between the marinas or on any of the residential streets. There are also golf course homes available.
- Land – The golf course has recently been expanded to 18 holes (from the original 9) and new lots are available for sale in the new sections.
New Gated Communities
- Condos – There are number of new gated communities in up-and-coming areas where smaller, comfortable gated communities offer nice condos for very good prices. These offer features like bike trails and green areas, and the condo complexes have pools, lounges and exercise areas.
- Homes – While condos are the most common choice, there are completed homes on individual lots available as well. Villas offer a nice combination of the privacy of an individual home and the convenience of a condominium complex.
- Land – The same new communities offer individual lots for building. There are a handful of communities that have been designated entirely for land sales. Land prices in these communities tend to be very accessible and are supported by good roads and complete connections, ready for building.
Beachfront Resort Complexes
- Condos – An option that is becoming ever more popular is that of condos within a resort setting. Some are separate condo complexes, others are designed like a condo-hotel, where the condominiums are right in the main area of the resort and can be rented out to other vacationers for income.
Playa del Carmen’s real estate market is excellent for all real estate types. As a buyer, it is to your advantage to know which areas offer which types so you can choose your community and property type according to your needs.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Mazatlan real estate Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+