When you plan your Playa del Carmen retirement, you will be happy to know that there are many ways that this choice will save you money. One is on your property, especially with some great real estate deals to be found; another is through the cost of living which is very low, as with most Mexico retirement options.
How You Save on Your Property
When you buy your retirement property in Playa del Carmen, you will be surprised by what you get for your money. While many people choosing retirement back home will find themselves downgrading to save, you will find you can actually upgrade while you save. Comfortable retirement living here is not only for the rich! This is because of:
- Low Prices – In general, prices are very good in Playa del Carmen. Properties are available for all price ranges, from million-dollar penthouses on the beach, to very comfortable and spacious units for a tenth the price only a few blocks back. All offer a relaxing, warm-weather lifestyle with many services and activities. Playa’s comfortable properties are a luxury available for retirees on any budget.
- Real Estate Deals – On top of this, those with a bit of flexibility will be able to work with an agent and watch price reductions and fire sales so they can jump on that great price for the perfect property when it shows up! While Playa’s market tends to be fairly stable, these kinds of deals show up regularly enough. You just have to be on the ball, because they often get bought up quickly.
- Preconstruction Discounts – Preconstruction discounts on new condos can also offer considerable savings on units in nice complexes with a pool, lounge areas, spa, etc. An experienced agent will be able to comment on the best discounts of this sort from good developers.
How You Save on Your Lifestyle
After buying your property and settling in, you will also begin to notice that your budget goes a lot further. The following are items where you will save.
- Daily Expenses – Weather it’s groceries, taxis or getting the faucet changed in the bathroom, you’ll see that the cost of necessities in life is simply lower here in Playa del Carmen.
- Monthly & Annual Bills – Bills for the electricity, water and gas are often almost negligible expenses. Property taxes are much lower here than back home as well. Packages for phone, internet and cable/satellite are also available to offer savings.
- Activities – If you’re in the mood for a romantic dinner, a game of golf on a professional course (Playa del Carmen has 9!) or a tour of ancient Mayan ruins, you won’t have to worry much about whether it fits into the budget. You will find that you can enjoy going more often and more relaxed about the expense.
- Health Care – Especially during retirement, it’s important to have access to good health care at affordable prices. Playa del Carmen has many very nice clinics and one state-of-the-art hospital, as well as a few more nearby in Cancun. Prices are usually between 50-70% less than in the U.S.
After starting retirement in Playa del Carmen, most retirees soon wonder how they could have ever afforded not to live out their beachfront dream in Paradise for retirement. Perhaps very soon you could be wondering the same!
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely