If you choose to buy a Mexico home for sale in a more nature-focused area of the Mexican Caribbean, to of your top choices would be Tulum homes for sale or Cozumel real estate. These two areas share many similarities, yet also have a distinct atmosphere. The following is a comparison of some of the features of each market.
Since both communities are on the Mexican Caribbean, they share a number of features. They also both have a tendency towards the natural and sustainable as a key part of the lifestyle culture.
- Splendid Beaches – One of the key items that they share with the rest of the Mexican Caribbean are the beautiful beaches, which have white sand that feels warm and soft on the feet, as well as beautiful turquoise water.
- Nature – Both areas have a strong focus on both preserving the surrounding nature, which is lush, green sub-tropical jungle with a very large variety of wildlife. Unique geographical features (such as the cave and underground river system) make for excellent ways to enjoy nature in its purest form.
- Eco Homes – Especially in Tulum and Cozumel, there has been a move towards building eco-friendly homes which use alternative power sources and include sustainable concepts to minimize impact on the surrounding environment, while not affecting day to day comfortable living.
Although they are really close to each other and are both closely linked to the greener-focused tourism of the Mexican Caribbean, there are some clear distinctions between the two areas.
- Island vs. Mainland – Cozumel is an island and life there is defined by the relaxation of being away from everything. Tulum, on the other hand, is on the mainland, and although it is a quiet, small town, it offers very easy and direct driving access to many services in Cancun and Playa del Carmen.
- Access – For this same reason, access to Cozumel is a little less convenient; yet, for many buyers, this is an attraction more than a deterrent. It has its own international airport, but most flights are connecting to other major airports. Tulum is about a 2-hour drive from the Cancun International Airport.
- Market Growth – Tulum is expected to be the Caribbean’s next big boom-town, and many investors are looking there for their next big opportunity. Cozumel has already boomed, but nevertheless offers excellent deals and a good variety of locations and styles.
Homes on Mexico’s Caribbean are an excellent option to enjoy the warm-weather lifestyle of these splendid beaches. Interested buyers will consider either Tulum or Cozumel with confidence.