When planning your Playa del Carmen retirement, one of the beauties of this retirement in this beachfront paradise is that you can determine the kind of home you will be living in to ensure that your retirement will be most comfortable for you! In the case of choosing a Playa del Carmen home for sale, the main choice to consider is if you want to buy a completed home, or invest in Playa del Carmen land for sale and have a home built the way you want it. Both approaches have their advantages
The Advantages of Buying a Home for Sale
- Variety of Options – Although you won’t be planning every detail of your home as you would when you have it built yourself, there is a good variety of homes for sale to choose from in Playa del Carmen. The variety includes location (golf course, gated community, beachfront village, downtown area), style (patio homes, villas, single-lot homes, one-story, etc.), and price range. Taking your time to explore some of the different options is worthwhile, and most retirees find a home which matches their dreams!
- Ready to Use – If you buy a home for sale, it’s usually ready to use after only minor preparations (furnishing, etc.) Some homes are even sold completely furnished ready to move in the day the key is delivered (“turnkey.”) For those who are already retired and they are just waiting to have the deed in hand to move down to Playa del Carmen, this is one of the most important attractive points. Of course, the exception is a fixer-upper, which combines some advantages of a complete home with those of buying a lot.
- Financing Options – Completed homes of any sort have the option of buying through a mortgage. Getting a mortgage directly in Mexico (which is now available for Americans, Canadians and Europeans) has some distinct advantages. For newly constructed villas and patio homes there are sometimes developer financing options. The financing option is really nice since you only have come up with 30% of the total cost before you can begin enjoying your retirement in Paradise.
The Advantages of Investing in Land for Sale
- Custom Home – The big lure of buying land is that you can have a home built on it the way you want it. You can make it one story (a plus for retirement), with a large pool, plenty of patio space, etc. You can also determine the layout of the rooms to make it work the way you need it for a comfortable retirement. If you have the time to have a home designed and built like this, most retirees find that it is worth the investment.
- Lower Costs – The total cost of buying a lot and building a home is cheaper in Playa del Carmen than buying a home of similar size and comfort. If you are waiting a while before starting your retirement in Playa del Carmen, you can also make your investment in steps, first buying the lot, then building the home, and finally adding finishing touches like the pool. It also allows you to simply live in comfort at a lower cost of there are features you do not need and do not want to include.
- Investment Potential – While complete homes also hold good potential, buying land and building in a newer community is often promising for holding greater future value than the total investment amount.
If you are like most retirees, your specific situation will usually help you choose between the two fairly quickly; yet, if you remain in doubt, talk to an agent, view a few options in both homes and land; no need to close any doors yet!
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Mazatlan real estate Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+