If I could give you only one important piece of advice for your next Playa del Carmen vacation rentals, I would say this; “Go straight to the owner and save money.” This can get you savings in more way than just one. Consider these points about Mexico vacation rentals in Playa del Carmen.
- Savings from commissions can be passed on to you – It’s true that it’s the owner of the Mexico rental property who pays the commission; yet if you deal directly with the owner, they are likely to adjust their price accordingly. Unlike a real estate purchase, where commission is paid to the seller’s agent in any case, with rentals if you connect straight to the owner, no commission is involved. This is the first place you can look for savings.
- You can negotiate the price directly – If you are working directly with the owner, again, you have more flexibility with your negotiations. This kind of negotiation may not be possible otherwise (especially if the agent has made a contract with the owner to rent it for a certain price.) Maybe you can get a better price or a few extras thrown in. This way, once you find the right property for your tastes, you can do the negotiation needed to get it for the price you want!
At the same time, you can feel confident in quality.
- You can ask for pictures or references – While online listings for rentals by owner will include pictures and description, you can talk to the owner and ask for specific pictures of certain parts of the property. You can also ask for references from past renters to ensure that the property is what you are looking for. If it’s the first time renting, perhaps you can also use this as another negotiation tool.
- Real estate agencies offer the service for their buyers as a privilege – Some real estate agencies offer online rental listings to past buyers as an extended service; this means you will have direct contact with them, but you can also have more confidence in the quality/location of the property since the real estate company sold this property in the first place, and also because they have their reputation to look out for.
- Future connections could be built – If some time down the road you decide to buy in Playa del Carmen, you can talk to the owners for some tips and find out what real estate company is good to work with.
If you rent directly from the owners in Playa del Carmen, you will find savings not only compared to hotels but also to other rental options. Consider this for your next vacation.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely
Mexico Real Estate NETWORK; "Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Region: Mazatlan real estate Thomas Lloyd graduated from Purdue University Krannert School of Management with a degree in Management/Financial Option Investments. He has been living, investing, and working professionally in Mexico for over 15 years. A Mexican Certified Realtor he is the current president of TOPmexicorealestate, you can contact him at (512) 879-6546.
Find Thomas Lloyd on Google+