While Tulum real estate has a variety of options, most can be divided into two main categories – Tulum land for sale and Tulum condos for sale. Each includes a variety of styles and locations. The following is an overview of some of the main varieties.
Tulum land for sale
- Raw land – Raw land is just that – land. There may be little surrounding development or infrastructure, and leaves you as the new owner to make a plan for the land often from scratch. Raw land offers some of the best potential for return on investment; since Tulum is just beginning to boom it’s a more attractive option, but it also requires the most planning and knowledge of the market and urban planning directions.
- Development land – Development land offers prepared lots, plans for roads if they are not already construction, connections and lots that are often ready to build on. Of course, prices are higher, but these offer more security in having supporting infrastructure in place along with a promotion plan to have other buyers move in and build as well.
- Luxury land – This is the next step up from development land, offering not only existing roads and infrastructure support, but also some basic services, or perhaps even upscale shopping areas as a sort of village center.
Tulum condos for sale
- Town condos – Tulum’s town center is currently the entire community; it’s a small town. Condo owners enjoy a nice balance of comfortable and convenient living in their complex and walking distance to shops, restaurants and large stores like Walmart. The lifestyle of Tulum’s town center is truly that of a small-town. As more modern conveniences appear, Tulum’s urban development plan is in place to keep this atmosphere and develop it further.
- Beachfront condos – There are not much beachfront development in the area right next to the town, but just outside of Tulum there are excellent options in condos directly overlooking the wide, sandy beaches. The nearby village of Akumal is well known for its beachfront luxury and very nature-oriented setting.
- Resort condos – Again, just outside of Tulum, there are a few options for condo complexes in resort settings. These offer owners the benefit of having all resort amenities next door as a part of day to day life. It’s like living on vacation, all the time.
Tulum is a very beautiful community with a fairly wide appeal. Retirees, investors and vacationers will all find excellent property options to choose from in this up-and-coming tourist town.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico's Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely