This month two devastating earthquakes affected Mexico. Just a few days ago Oaxaca and Chiapas were severely affected, and yesterday another 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck Mexico City, exactly 32 years after a devastating earthquake struck the city in 1985.
The government sources have reported that at least 224 people were killed. Also, thousands have been rushed to hospitals due to severe wounds. As a result to this overwhelming disaster, Mexico is going through tough times, and really needs the help of its citizens to raise above. Once again.
The total account of damage can’t be yet estimated. Nevertheless, the result may be devastating. This is our opportunity to help, above all, showing we are Mexican citizens who will help our country through good and bad.
If you want to help, there are several collection centers where you can bring the following products and items:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food
- Canned food
- Baby food
- Animal food
- Blankets and towels
You can bring these products to the following collection centers:
- Frida Kahlo Museum in 5th and 8 street – Playa del Carmen from 8:00-23:00.
- Spinny Grooves in 20 street between 10 street and 10 bis – Playa del Carmen
- La Verbena in 34 street between 5 street and 10 – Playa del Carmen
- Reaccion Expeditions in Cozumel Ave. between streets 28 and 30 – Playa del Carmen from 10:00 to 20:00
- Mega supermarket in Constituyentes Ave. with 30th street – Playa del Carmen
You can also donate money to the non-profit Mexican organization Topos (The Moles), which is a professional rescue team, to:
Santander – Account: 92-00070929-4
Reference: Brigada de Rescate Topos Tlaltelolco, A.C.
Also, you can donate money to UNICEF Mexico on their website.
Don’t forget that Oaxaca and Chiapas are still in need of help too. Spread the voice and help as much as you can. Mexico needs your help more than ever!