An important consideration for Americans and Canadians who are going to buy Mexico real estate and are making Mexico their new home is, what to do about their possessions from their home country; do they sell them all off, and buy new things down here in Mexico? Keep them in storage? Ship them down?
An important factor in making the decision is knowing what your options are. While international shipment services are available, we’ve recently been made aware of some service options that seem very well tailored to the needs of most people moving down here. The following are options soon-to—be expats will want to look for and consider:
- The movers take care of clearing customs – you don’t need to worry about it
- A variety of prices for any budget tailored to your needs and requirements
- A range of services to choose from:
- Self-service – you do your own loading and unloading at both origin and destination but the carriers will do all the driving and clearing customs; this is usually quite affordable
- “White glove approach”– includes all the packing and wrapping required for international shipping, loading and unloading as well as customs clearance
- Small shipments – many Mexico condos for sale and even Mexico homes for sale are sold furnished, but you would just like to bring a taste of home – a few important items, or something of sentimental value; very accessible prices can be given for shipping just a box or two
There are service providers available that offer all of the features mentioned above. If you
are in need of such a service, contact us and we will refer you to a reputable company; you can use our contact us form, leave a comment in the comment box below, send an e-mail or call by phone:
- 512-879-6546 (US phone)
We will also be posting more info on this blog as we gain more information about these services.
TOPMexicoRealEstate.com; Mexico’s Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely