When you invest in Mexico you can create your own ambiance within your home. Either purchasing or building a home in Mexico, you will want to think about how to furnish it. In some areas, the limited choices of retail outlets for certain commodities can be very frustrating. But here in Playa del Carmen, there are a wider variety of options for furnishing your new home.
Before you select a supplier, chose a style that you want to surround yourself with. There are plenty of talented people who can help you with ideas and suggestions. The motif you decide on will probably be with you for quite some time. I have seen modern contemporary, modern traditional â€“ traditional, and tropical/coastal flare. When making your decision, you need to take into consideration how the home will function. Is it going to be your full-time residence when you retire in Mexico? Will you use it for a seasonal destination and/or rent it out? What is your budget? These are things you will have to know when deciding on a dÃ©cor.
Modern Contemporary offers a degree of original culture by using noted local artists to fashion a modern theme. Your wall and accent pieces will somewhat define your furniture selection or vice versa. The color of your walls will also influence your decorative environment. It is suggested to do some on-line research and find what pleases your taste. One site you might want to visit is Furniture Mex (on-line only www.furnituremex.com). If you want to actually see or talk to someone about your ideas, you can go to the following locations.
- Quku Home Design â€“ They are noted for having good taste in furniture and design. They also have an on-line site.
- Unique Wood & IronÂ â€“ They have custom made furniture and lighting. Local tropical hardwoods are used in making their furnishing.
There are several stores of this caliber in Playa del Carmen.
Modern Traditional can be a little tricky when blending newer with older Mexico. There are lots of boutique stores in and around Playa del Carmen that offer smaller handmade accent tables, stands and chairs. There is also an abundance of local art galleries that have a variety of wall art that will add to the mix. Most of the artwork displayed here in Playa del Carmen is original and can be quite affordable. Replicas or reprints can be purchased for the more budget minded as well.
When it comes to furniture, you can again do some research on-line or visit a few retail outlets. Below are a few you might want to investigate.
- Unique Wood & IronÂ â€“ Again can be an option for custom made furniture.
- Casa Latina â€“ Offers Spanish style furniture and has a large showroom.
- Fabrica de Muebles (meaning: furniture factory) â€“ Specializes in more of a true traditional Mexican design of furnishings. They too will make custom pieces upon request.
Any of these stores mentioned above can help you with your desired style.
Tropical or Island Flare designs can be fun and very affordable. There are numerous shops and nautical themed boutiques that offer anything from fun wall art to island accented pieces. This kind of dÃ©cor can fit perfectly into a second home/vacation destination and/or a rental investment property. It brings a cheery ambiance and welcoming atmosphere for you and your guests. Acquiring this style of furniture can also be fun. Below are a couple of places you might want to check out.
- Unique Wood & Iron â€“ Again and again, I come back to Unique Wood & Iron because they can customize to your taste. They also make their furniture from tropical wood which would add to the dÃ©cor.
- La Casa Gris â€“ La Casa Gris (lacasagris.com) can easily furnish most every room in your new home. They do have a retail outlet in Playa del Carmen for your convenience. They offer low to mid pricing which can be beneficial to you and your investment.
There are many ways you can go with a tropical motif and spending time selecting pieces to strategically place around your home can be very exciting, especially if you like to visit lots of different shops and unique boutiques.
If youâ€™re away from Playa, you can also check out Sears, which has a lot of living room furniture and household decorations and also has a small section from Pier 1 Imports. Sears has a website, so you can start checking out options even from back home: http://www.sears.com.mx/
Another option is Liverpool, where you can get good quality and you will pay for it as well. It also has a website: http://www.liverpool.com.mx
If time becomes a factor or you get stuck trying to decide what to do, donâ€™t be afraid to ask your Top Mexico Real Estate buyerâ€™s representative. We can provide additional information to help you make of your new Playa del Carmen investment feel like home.
At TOP Mexico Real Estate we specialize in helping American and Canadians find their dream home in Mexico. Get in touch and a Buyerâ€™s representative will get back to you!