The tranquil white-sand beaches of Tulum are one of the Riviera Maya’s main attractions. But Tulum is so much more than that. It is culture, art, history and gastronomy. That is why so many people visit this Riviera Maya coastal town every year. In fact, Forbes Magazine reported a 76% increase in tourism to the area in 2016. With millions of tourists flocking down to see the Mayan ruins, bike down the hotel zone, and enjoy the sunsets at the beach, it comes as no surprise that investing in Tulum today is a smart move. There are thousands of options when it comes to purchasing property in the area. Here are five reasons to invest in Tulum today.
In real estate, it’s all about timing. Tulum is receiving more attention than ever from different international media outlets such as Forbes Magazine and The New York Times. It has also become a popular destination for celebrities and influencers who are constantly sharing the destination on their social media platforms. Tulum has emerged as one of the most popular and desirable destinations in the world to travel to. Because of this, today is the perfect time to invest in Tulum. With millions of tourists making their way there for Instagram-worthy vacations, having a vacation rental home available there is the best way to make an extra income.
This is rather obvious, but Tulum is surrounded by natural beauty and wonders. You can easily visit the Mayan ruins overlooking the turquoise Caribbean waters. Or you can rent a jeep and drive to the Sian Ka’an biosphere to observe all types of wildlife. There are hundreds of refreshing cenotes throughout the region – both open and closed – waiting to be discovered. And, of course, Tulum has the most amazing beaches in the region. Moreover, you are near adventure parks such as Xcaret and Xel Ha. This makes Tulum a great destination for travelers from around the world. If you invest in Tulum today, you will be making a great profit thanks to all these amazing nearby activities.
High Return on Investment and Equity Gains
Thanks to the attention that Tulum has been receiving over the past few years, the high seasons throughout 2016 and 2017 resulted in a 100% occupancy rate. This includes Christmas, New Year, Easter and Holy Week. January through April had an 87% occupancy, while the rest of the year there was a steady 68% occupancy. However, this last number has been on the rise over the past year. In fact, authorities reported a 7.3% increase in international visitors over the 2018 summer season in the Riviera Maya.
For people who invest in Tulum these numbers are great news. Dedicated vacation rental owners saw general annual net returns of approximately 8%.
Wellness and Eco-Conscious Market
Tourists drawn to Tulum are unique in many ways. They are sophisticated individuals with an eco-conscious mind. Tulum responds well to this market thanks to its many activities such as yoga, temazcal rituals, super food restaurants, organic stores and unique culinary experiences. With top-rated restaurants such as The New York Time’s acclaimed Hartwood and Noma, Tulum is quickly becoming an eco-luxury destination for those looking for a laidback, yet glamourous, experience. When you invest in Tulum, you are opening accommodation opportunities to a vast market looking for new experiences, adventures and lifestyles.
Low-Density and Eco-Friendly Developments
In tune with the previously-mentioned eco-conscious market, Tulum has adapted rapidly to the eco-friendly trends by building more natural-based developments and making use of renewable energy. The new model of construction in Tulum is set by eco-friendly communities with plenty of green areas. Authorities only allow developers and owners to build on 40% of their lots, leaving 60% of the natural surroundings intact. The result is a very natural environment with plenty of lush jungle and vegetation. Of course, luxury residences are not sacrificed in doing this. Examples of these are communities such as Luum Zama or Aldea Zama where you can find developments such as Essentia by Artia, which continue raising the standard when it comes to architectural design. They introduce locally-sourced and natural materials offering products with a very low carbon print, but with high-quality design and construction.
Invest in Tulum Today!
With all this said, it comes as no surprise that more and more investors are turning their eye towards Tulum. And you should, too! The destination has plenty of options on offer for anyone looking for a return on their investment. In fact, areas such as Luum Zama have high-quality projects where you can rent out your unit for up to $600 USD per night during the high season. Start checking out Tulum for your next investment opportunity.
And remember, at Top Mexico Real Estate…we make it happen!
The content for this article was provided by Tony Martinez.