At Top Mexico Real Estate we strive to make things better, easier and safer for our clients. That is why we offer secure services throughout all our platforms – including our website. We recently installed an SSL Certificate. This is a security measure that both authenticates our website and safeguards any sensitive information from being hacked or intercepted. A secure website means that whatever information you use within the website (such as credit card information, passwords, e-mails) is encrypted. So when you browse through the thousands of properties on our website to find your dream home, you are being protected at all times.
When you visit a secure website, you are being reassured that you are navigating within safe grounds. Whatever happens between your server and the server of the website you are visiting is completely protected. While SSL Certificates are not required by law just yet, we are committed to protecting our client’s data under the local data protection acts.
If you have visited the Top Mexico Real Estate website recently, you may have been warned that you are not visiting a secure site. We apologize to all our clients for this issue. Nonetheless, we have come through and fixed this issue. With the installation of this new certificate, however, we started experiencing slight issues with the website. If you have visited us before, you might have noticed that some things are marking errors or some photos won’t load properly. Don’t worry, though, there is an easy solution for this!
Clear Your Cookies and Cache
If you’ve been experiencing any issues with the Top Mexico Real Estate site, you need to clear your cookies and cache. This is a quick solution that gets rid of saved data that might be interfering with our new SSL Certificate. To clear cookies and cache on a Chrome browser, you need to follow a series of steps.
Clearing Your Cookies
- Go to the Chrome menu icon (three vertical dots on the upper right hand) and choose Settings.
- At the bottom, choose to see advanced settings.
- Under the Privacy tab, click on Content Settings.
- The first option on that list should be Cookies. Click on it.
- Choose All Cookies and Site Data.
- Once there, the top right corner should have a button that reads Remove All. Click on it. This will delete all your cookies.
Clear your cache
If you continue experiencing problems on our website, you may need to also delete your cache. To do this on Chrome, do the following steps:
- Click on the Chrome menu icon.
- Choose the option More Tools.
- From its dropdown menu, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- A pop-up window will appear. At the top, choose a time range. We recommend you choose All Time.
- Then check the boxes Cookies and Other Site Data and Cached Images and Files.
- Click Clear Data.
Keep in mind that these are the steps to follow when using Google Chrome browser. If you usually browse the internet through Safari, Firefox or Explorer, the process might differ slightly. However, they all start from opening up the Settings menu for each browser.
- Safari. On the upper menu, click on Safari – Preferences – Privacy. You will be able to choose there to clear your cookies, cache and history.
- Firefox. On the upper right corner, there is a button with 3 lines. This is the menu. Click on it, then Options – Privacy – Clear Recent History.
- Explorer. On the upper right hand corner click on Tools – Internet Options – General – Browsing History – Delete.
Top Mexico Real Estate is Committed to You
We are committed to offering the best and safest services for you to embark on the adventure of becoming a homeowner in Mexico. And we will continue to improve our services to make sure you are always receiving updated information and neutral advice, while ensuring the safety of your information.
And remember, at Top Mexico Real Estate…we make it happen!