Life in Mexico’s Riviera Maya consists mostly of being outdoors enjoying the near-perfect year-round weather, the Caribbean Sea breezes, and the lush tropical surroundings. Needless to say, if you own a property on the Yucatan Peninsula, making the most of your patio in the Riviera Maya is essential, and there are many ways to set it up to reflect a specific atmosphere that you want, a purpose or need.
A tropical style patio surrounded by greenery
This patio can create a one-with-nature feeling. Having a variety of comfortable chairs and reclining lounges can create a subtle and Zen-like atmosphere. Placing a small fountain or simple water feature would provide a soothing sound that mixes well with the jungle’s natural ambiance. In addition, decorating with wind chimes or other artistic artifacts can add up to the relaxed setting.
A beachfront patio
There is nothing like admiring the horizon, where the turquoise water meets the blue sky. The view of this thought-provoking scenery creates suggestive adventures, endless dreams, and wandering thoughts. You and your guests will want to get comfortable on lounge chairs. This could be either under a pergola, an oversized umbrella or out in the glistening sun. Placing a variety of clay pots with palm plants would add to the patio’s tropical ambiance.
A patio that overlooks the inner-city
This style of patio can bring up a festive environment. Stringing lights can spread cheer and a stimulating atmosphere for you and your guests. Surround your patio with a variety of colorful foliage that can hide just enough of the city’s hustle and bustle. At the same time, it can let it just enough of its charisma. It sets the tone for a party style atmosphere. If you’re a night owl, your patio in the Riviera Maya will be a hit among your friends, and venturing out to enjoy the nightly activities is only steps away.
Some tips for making the most of your patio in the Riviera Maya
In any type of patio that you are trying to accomplish, there are a few elements that you should consider.
- Choose a theme and play around it to create the style and decoration. For example, you can go for a Jungle style patio, or look for a safari style decoration. You could create a design around a specific color palette or prints.
- Having a pool or plunge pool offers a refreshing relief from the heat.
- Use the appropriate décor to enhance the desired ambiance.
- Who doesn’t like the smell or taste of barbecue? Having a BBQ pit or an outdoor kitchen is always a crowd pleaser.
- When enjoying Mexico’s beautiful weather and outdoor living, having a bar to serve cold beverages is a pleasurable courtesy to your guests.
- Have fun in the process! And of course, enjoy spending time in your patio in the Riviera Maya.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your patio. Let the location of your property influence the style of your outdoor space, and use it to reflect your personality. When family and friends stop by or visit for any length of time, they will want to spend time outdoors enjoying the warm weather. Your patio can be the perfect setting for them to remember their time in the Caribbean! Discover the potential of making the most of your patio in the Riviera Maya and talk to one of our professionals at Top Mexico Real Estate, they will be more than glad to help you choose the property that best fits your needs and taste.
Remember, at Top Mexico Real Estate … we make it happen!