During this quarantine and mandatory isolation due to the virus pandemic, people are dreaming of places they want to visit. Many of you are going to want fresh air, swaying palm trees, and fun-in-the-sun after all the travel restrictions have been lifted. When wanting to stretch your legs and see lush scenery, it won’t include looking from the inside out. The world will be waiting with open arms to accept travelers once again. Exploring the land and sea far and wide will again become the norm.
Most likely, many of you will be craving white sand beaches, the turquoise water of the Mexican Caribbean Sea, and plenty of clear skies and bright sunshine. There is no lack of these and many other fun-loving elements south of the border. The Mexican Caribbean is a great place to start thinking about when looking for a certain beach. Listed below are several beach destinations located in the Riviera Maya that you should consider when planning your next getaway.
Xpu-Ha Beach is, and out-of-the-way beach paradise is located between Puerto Aventuras and Akumal just off Federal Highway 307 – northbound. This family-friendly beach provides all the needed facilities but, at the same time, still holds a rustic feel. Popular with the locals and seasonal visitors, this small beachside community offers a stress-free and very relaxed environment. Come and spend the day with family or friends. Anyone can have great times.
Here are some of the amenities available.
- There are a restaurant and bar that serves a variety of food that includes fresh ceviche, seafood, pasta, hamburgers, and more. They also have cold beer, handmade cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages. There is also a full wait staff.
- What is a beach without a “Beach Club?” You can choose from a variety of chairs and tables, as well as hammocks. There are also palapas, restrooms, and showers for your convenience.
- Spend the day riding a Jet Ski or learning how to wind or water surf. Take a snorkeling or fishing excursion to mention just a few of the activities offered.
- Why not schedule a family reunion or wedding party? This could be an ideal place to celebrate your next birthday! There is a team of experts that will assist in planning that special event.
Playa del Carmen Mamita’s Beach
Mamita’s beach is a favorite hot spot for locals, vacationers, and seasonal guests alike. Located north next to the newer pier in Playa del Carmen, Mamita’s offers a great way to spend an exciting day. With its white-sand beaches, beautiful turquoise water, and premium amenities, Mamita’s Beach is considered one of the most popular beach clubs along the Mexican Caribbean coastline. This exclusive destination provides loads of activities that can be enjoyed by families and friends. Here are just a few of the amenities offered for a small nominal fee.
- This very popular beach club offers several places to set up your day’s camp. Choose from lounge chairs with an umbrella, large or small day beds, or a private palapa.
- There is a wait staff that will cater to your every need. Order your favorite beverage, snack, or meal from an extensive menu.
- There is a pool area where you can lounge with your drink while listening to a variety of music.
- Mamita’s Beach Club has an open-air lounge with great views of the beach and water. They also offe VIP amenities that include exclusive space for private parties, personal wait staff, and other VIP options.
Other amenities at Mamita’s Beach Club include executive restrooms and showers, a variety of music from a professional DJ, and a full-service spa. There is also a boutique store that offers resort wear, certain necessities, and souvenirs.
Akumal Beach – “Place of the Turtle”
Akumal Beach is a well-kept community that promotes a laidback atmosphere. This seaside destination definitely offers a subtle ambiance in what is also known as a hidden paradise. The first things you notice are the homegrown hotels, beachside bars, and local shops. Its sugar-fine white sand beach, towering palms, and mild Caribbean surf provide a stress-free atmosphere. This family-friendly community offers a variety of activities that will make for a pleasurable experience.
- Akumal, in the Mayan language, means “Place of the Turtle.” Its crystal clear and calming water offers the opportunity to swim alongside one of these magnificent creatures.
- The snorkeling is absolutely fantastic, with the largest coral reef in the western hemisphere just minutes offshore. Experience a variety of tropical fish and various sea life by scheduling a tour.
- Here is where you can get away from the mega-resorts and enjoy one of the many boutique hotels. Spend a relaxing day by the pool or on a pristine white sand beach.
- There are plenty of local eateries that serve traditional and exotic cuisines. You can choose to dine in Akumal’s downtown village or right on the water’s edge. Either one offers a memorable experience.
Akumal Beach should be on your radar if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the touristy hot spots. Besides the boutique hotels and smaller resorts, there are plenty of condos to rent.
Puerto Morelos is a traditional fishing village situated between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. It has all the conveniences needed without corporate representation. This fabulous destination offers a window to the past when things were much simpler. Puerto Morelos’ beaches are some of the most unspoiled in the region. Its glistening white sand brushes gently against the clear turquoise Caribbean water. Spend a day working on your tan or under an umbrella reading your favorite novel. Gaze at the panga boats gently rowing with the subtle surf. It is also a great place to watch the horizon come alive with the morning light.
Here are the amenities offered when visiting this little piece of paradise.
- Take a short boat ride to the second-largest living reef in the world – Mesoamerican Barrier Reef and enjoy some fabulous snorkeling. Swim alongside colorful sea life that inhabits this living reef.
- Spend the day on the water fishing some of the best spots in the Riviera Maya.
- Enjoy your favorite beverage, and authentic Mexican dishes served beachside or in an open-air restaurant with a view.
- Take time to walk the beach and see parts of Puerto Morelos like the lighthouse and other historical sites that can’t be seen from the street.
If you want to experience a vacation away from the crowds, Puerto Morelos and its beautiful coastline is an excellent choice.
Tulum Beaches are recognized for having some of the purest white sand and spectacular turquoise-colored water in the world. This magical town has several beach areas that offer a mixture of settings that appeal to almost anyone’s desire. These particular spots range from well known to off the beaten path. No matter their location, they are all amazing. Each and every one of them needs to be seen in person. The following beaches are minutes away from Tulum.
- Playa Ruinas beach settles at the base of Tulum’s most visited attraction. The Pyramid El Castillo ruins (The watchtower) is part of the 13th-century Mayan ruins that overlook the Caribbean Sea. The beach area is mostly visited during the day. There are no facilities or food or drink available on the beach itself.
- Playa Paraiso, when translated, means ‘Paradise Beach’ which offers plenty of photo opportunities. This popular stretch of beach features towering cliffs, swaying palm trees, and plenty of sugar-fine sand and turquoise water. The amenities include beach bars and restaurants, water activities, and public facilities.
- Las Palmas is a public beach that offers no amenities such as bars or restaurants. However, it still has all the same qualities that other locations have like lush tropical surroundings, glistening sand, and beautiful water. Unlike its sister beaches, the crowds are much less.
- Secret Beach is just that, a hidden paradise. It is part of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. This off-the-beaten-path beach takes approximately an hour by bike when coming from Tulum. This particular location is ideal if wanting a peaceful day with hardly anyone around. Bring your favorite novel, a beach bag filled with necessities, and brush up on your Spanish because you will find mostly locals.
Plan your getaway to the Mexican Caribbean
These 5-plus destinations are just a few of the many pristine beaches that hug the Riviera Maya’s coastline. When planning a getaway to the Mexican Caribbean, spending a day or two at the beach should be at the top of what you do. Add this to the many other attractions available, and the word ‘fun’ will be a daily occurrence.
Contact Top Mexico Real Estate and purchase your new home in the Mexican Caribbean
If you’re thinking about investing in Mexico Real Estate, why not take a moment to contact us at Top Mexico Real Estate. We will provide you with all the information on how easy it is to own property in Mexico.
Remember, at Top Mexico Real Estate… we make it happen!