It would be an accidental slip if Cancun weren’t mentioned in a casual conversation as an ideal place to spend a vacation or, better yet, buy your new home. If you consider purchasing a second or retirement home, Cancun should be at the top of your list. There are so many advantages to having a place to go when wanting a change of scenery. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice any of the amenities you currently have now, and as a matter of fact, you might enjoy a few more.
One of the most desirable places to enjoy ‘fun in the sun’ is Cancun, Mexico. There are so many things to do and see. By talking with family and friends who have experienced Cancun, you will find out why over 3-million tourists visit the area annually. Some of the most obvious reasons are the year-round warm weather, beautiful beaches, and gorgeous water. If this isn’t enough to answer the question, “Why should you buy your new home in Cancun?” then let us provide more information.
Other locations offer similar properties but again, Cancun’s real estate market is still undervalued. The opportunity to own property in such a desirable destination is here and now. There are various homes offered in about every possible environment. The following highlights will point out several advantages for not only people looking for a second or primary home but also investors.
There are several types of properties to choose from
You can select from a stand-alone home, a condo, or boutique hotel-style accommodations. Here is a brief description of each of these properties.
- There are stand-alone homes that are in gated communities. Many of them offer onsite golfing, beachfront property, and resort-style amenities.
- Select from various condo complexes located in the heart of downtown, on or near the water, or situated in surrounding neighborhoods. They also come in many different styles and floorplans.
- If wanting to have a simple but comfortable lifestyle, there are plenty of boutique suites. These unique accommodations offer space-saving floorplans with all the modern necessities and amenities.
Choose according to your needs and desires
When looking for a home in Cancun, you have a variety of choices. Depending on your wants and needs, you can choose from one of the following options.
- Preconstruction can offer the buyer their choice of finishes like paint, flooring, and fixtures. In some cases, the builder will allow their client to change the floorplan by adding more bedrooms and bathrooms.
- There are several planned – never lived in – readymade homes and condos to choose from. These particular properties can sometimes be purchased at a discounted price or have incentives that include furniture packages.
- Previously owned homes or condos usually have the option of being turnkey, and all the new owner has to do is bring their personal items. This is also an excellent way for investors who want to start renting immediately.
Investment Opportunities can be rewarding
Cancun is a world-renown vacation destination. The millions of tourists who visit the Riviera Maya annually need all types of accommodations. Owning an investment property offers the following.
- Many people like to stay in condos where they can escape the crowded resorts.
- When families or multiple couples want to vacation together, they can look for a larger home to share their time together.
- Cancun and the Riviera Maya’s high and low seasons show little differences in the amount of tourism. This offers year-round rental income.
If this isn’t enough to convince you that owning a home in Cancun is a great decision, then let’s look at some other exciting advantages. Cancun is well-known for its water activities, exciting nightlife, tantalizing cuisines, and fabulous shopping opportunities. That is not to say that you can’t enjoy some peace and quiet time. However, when the urge hits to get out and about, being just minutes away from everything Cancun has to offer is a real plus.
Things to do on any given day
Here are just a few suggestions.
- Spend the day relaxing with a good book or working on that golden tan on some of North America’s most beautiful white-sand beaches.
- Take some time to enjoy swimming or wading in the mild Caribbean surf, or experience one of the many water activities offered.
- When it’s time to have a freshly prepared meal, enjoy a fabulous meal in an open-air market, downtown café, or beachside eatery.
- There are various shopping opportunities around every corner. Spend the day walking around a modern mall with name-brand stores and restaurants. If wanting to explore more traditional shopping, go to one of the local mercados or bazaars.
All of the attributes mentioned above definitely contribute to having a beautiful home in paradise. You are probably asking yourself, “Can I afford all this?” Mexico’s real estate is some of the most affordable the Caribbean has to offer. Go out and compare prices with comparable properties in the Bahamas, Cayman, and the Virgin Islands. Then come to Cancun and see for yourself why Cancun is booming. We are pretty sure you will find a big difference in not only the cost but what you get for your money.
Cancun’s other benefits are:
- Its lower cost of living.
- Favorable exchange rates between the peso and US dollar.
- Its ever-improving infrastructure.
Cancun also has a very modern and travel-friendly International Airport. The airport is conveniently situated when wanting to explore more than the Yucatan Peninsula. You can easily reach many popular destinations like Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Merida via luxury bus, taxi, or shuttle service.
Have we mentioned the welcoming culture, the laidback environment, or the carefree lifestyle? These are just a few of the advantages you can expect when owning a home in Cancun or one of many neighboring communities. With everything said, I hope we answered the question, “Why should you buy your new home in Cancun?” It is time to reward yourself with the lifestyle you deserve.