There are many reasons whyÂ Merida, Mexico,Â is a top destination for people looking to retire. With one of Americaâ€™s largest generations coming of age, many Baby Boomers are starting to look for their ideal retirement destinations. After working for most of their lives, it is time for retirees to relax and spend their days doing what they have dreamed about for years. Merida retirement is an fabulous idea for them.
Mexico is known for being North Americaâ€™s vacation haven. However, it has been establishing a new identity when looking for a place to retire. Several publications have confirmed what many people are finding out on their own, and that is,Â Merida can offer retirees a great option. Why not feel like being on vacation every day of the year?
The popular publicationÂ International LivingÂ has on several occasions endorsed Mexico as a top destination for ex-pats who are looking for places to live after retiring. In its latest issue, â€œDiscover the Worldâ€™s Best Retirement Havens for 2021â€,Â itÂ highlighted Merida and all its fabulous amenities. There are numerous reasons why Merida is an upcoming retirement destination. Here are just a few:
- Why not take advantage of Mexicoâ€™s lower cost of living â€“ the favorable exchange rate â€“ lower property taxes, and of course, its near-perfect year-round weather.
- Merida real estate is still at competitive prices. Hence, if you consider what you get for your money versus anywhere else in North America, itâ€™s evident that you get more bang for your dollar in Mexico.
- Besides America and Canada, Mexico has one the best infrastructures throughout all of Latin America. This includes having access to multiple technologies and internet accessibility.Â
- Medical care in Merida is considered to be one of the best in the world. They offer English-speaking doctors, modern hospitals, and innovative medical procedures. This is an attractive benefit for retirees.
- The ease of establishing citizenship or obtaining different levels of visas makes living in Mexico that much easier.
To sum up, these are just a few reasons why Merida is becoming a hotspot for retirees looking to escape their everyday lives.
Homes For Sale in Merida
When looking for Merida real estate and that ideal home, there are plenty of properties to choose from. You can find that perfect home for less money than you think. Take, for example, a beautiful home in Montebello Colonia â€“ a suburb of Merida. This well-established neighborhood offers a stand-alone house that has over 2,500 square feet of living space. For what this home offers, the price will amaze you!
This move-in ready home has 3-full size bedrooms, 3-baths, and a powder room. There is a fully equipped kitchen with newer appliances, custom cabinetry, and granite countertops. The open floor plan flows comfortably through the dining area and right into the living space from the kitchen. The home has a contemporary design with accented features throughout.
The oversized windows let the natural sunlight brighten up the entire home. The floor-to-ceiling glass sliders lead out into a fenced courtyard with a professionally manicured landscape and your own private pool. There is a separate entertaining space with a ceiling fan, lighting, and plenty of room to relax with guests. On the whole, this is a perfect home for a couple with plans or an established family.
Either this home appeals to your needs, or you want to look at more options in and around the Merida area, contactÂ Top Mexico Real Estate.Â Let one of our professional agents answer any questions you might have. We can also arrange for a private showing of one or many other homes and condos available. Start making your dreams come true by contacting us today. Start experiencing everything Merida and the Yucatan Peninsula have to offer!