Spending Christmas in Cancun
This is the season for spending time with loved ones, giving thanks, and celebrating all the good things in life. Christmas brings out the best in everyone. People put their problems and differences aside and enjoy this special time of the year. The festivities leading up to Christmas are just as fun as the day itself.
Christmas in Cancun is a special time for all to enjoy. The activities, special events, and places to go with family and friends are plentiful. You wonâ€™t have to shovel snow, put on all the heavy clothing, and cautiously maneuver yourself on icy roads. Instead, you will be enjoying fun in the sun while wearing flip-flops, a t-shirt, and shorts! And donâ€™t forget your sunglasses!
If this sounds like an ideal way to spend the holidays, then you need to consider spending Christmas in Cancun’sÂ luxury condos for sale. There are plenty of events leading up to this special day. Here are a few activities that will put you and everyone else around you in the Christmas spirit!
Christmas Activities in Cancun
- The Nine days of Las PosadasÂ celebrates Mary and Josephâ€™s journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem. This event happens daily from December 16th to Christmas Eve. The procession leads from house-to-house which represents the biblical story of “No Room at the Inn.”
- The Decorations Around TownÂ are absolutely fabulous. Most all the parks, malls, and streets are decorated in the holiday spirit. Businesses will string lights all around their establishment, display Christmas Trees and Nativity Scenes.
- The Tree Lighting CeremoniesÂ will begin the week of Thanksgiving and continue throughout November. Many of the resorts, malls and businesses will celebrate their tree lighting ceremonies during these times.
Dinning in Cancun
Most of Cancunâ€™s restaurants and bars & grills will have decorations to the hilt. They will also be in a celebrating mood with music and entertainment! Many restaurants like The Club Grill, Fantino, Harryâ€™s, Ruth Chris, and Puerto Madero, to mention a few, will be offering seasonal dishes and handcrafted beverages.
Some Mexican Traditional food to try
- Red Pork TamalesÂ (Pork tamales simmered in red chile sauce)
- Mexican Slow Cooked Pozole in Red chile Sauce
- Mexican BunuelosÂ (Fried dough covered in cinnamon sugar)
- MarranitosÂ (Mexican gingerbread pigs)
Along with having food specials, there have to be some type of “beverage specials” as well! Here are a few of the more popular drinks offered.
- ChampurradoÂ is a chocolate-based non-acholic drink
- Ponche con PiqueteÂ is a Mexican fruit punch spiked with tequila or brandy.
- Easy Cranberry MargaritaÂ made with a premier tequila!
Most restaurants in Cancun are open during the holidays, and this includes Christmas Eve and Day. The hours may be limited, so you might want to call and make reservations. This is a great way to spend time with family and friends before retiring home for the evening. Speaking of home, having a place to go for the holidays makes it even more special.
This would be a perfect opportunity to look for luxury condos for sale in Cancun real estate. There is still plenty of properties to choose from. For example, there is a seven-story tower with exclusive luxury condos for sale, many on-site amenities, and magnificent views of the Caribbean Sea.
This newly built – contemporary designed home offers over 2,540 square feet of living space. Enjoy the three full-size bedrooms and 3-baths. There is a maidâ€™s room with its own full bath as well. The ultra-efficient floor plan includes:
- A kitchen
- Dining and living area.
- A studio.
- A TV room for additional entertainment.
- A laundry area.
- Balconies in each bedroom.
- Three covered parking spaces.
- Separate entrance.
- Service elevator.
This well-laid condo hosts many luxurious accents like marble flooring, upgraded fixtures, and custom finishes throughout. When wanting to enjoy the fresh sea breeze, step out onto your private balcony, where you can take in the stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and Marina. These fabulous luxury condos for sale in Cancun have everything you need to enjoy a relaxing stay or entertain family and friends during the Holidays!
Along with this beautiful condo comes an array of amenities. The complex has a variety of amenities to enjoy the unparalleled views, such as Semi-Olympic Pool, Adults pool, Kids Club [indoor & outdoor, Spa, European Wellness Center, World-class Fitness Center, Sports Bar Lounge, Outdoor Barbecue Area overlooking Golf Course and Natural Reserve, Teens club, Full-time concierge and 24/7 maintenance services, Independent entrance for employees, deliveries and external services.
The complex has active energy systems such as solar panels and passive energy systems to maximize the use of the natural environment and obtain energy efficiency. It is environmentally friendly as it is concerned with water conservation, waste separation, and technological innovation.
The property is steps away from a local shopping mall