This year, Cancun became the second most visited tourist destination by international travelers worldwide. And this is a very important fact if you want to invest in Cancun real estate.
The international consultancyÂ Fordward KeysÂ made a top list with the most visited places by international tourism this year. Dubai obtained first place in the United Arab Emirates, and the second was Cancun, in Quintana Roo, Mexico.
In the Mexican Caribbean, this destination recorded 4 percent of international arrivals worldwide.
The Secretary ofÂ Tourism of the Government of MexicoÂ Â (Sectur),Â Miguel Torruco MarquÃ©s, commented that, despite the fact that the Covid-19 pandemic is still present, the figures at the end of 2021 are encouraging.
He stressed that at the end of the year that just ended, 31 million international tourists arrived in Mexico, 28.1 percent more than in 2020 and 46.1 percent less than in 2019; which meant 18 thousand 428 million dollars per economic spillover, 67.6 percent higher than in 2020 and 55.3 percent less than in 2019.
Regarding hotel occupancy, there was an annual average of 45.9 percent, 19.9 percentage points above 2020, and 34.2 points below 2019.
The consumption per lodging calculation was 12 thousand 266 million dollars. This is 12.1 percent more than in 2020 and 33.8 percent lower than in 2019.
While tourism consumption was 127 thousand 142 million dollars in 2021, that is 9.4 percent higher than in 2020 and 33.8 percent below the record of 2019.
As for the share of the tourism Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the national economy, he said it is 7.1 percent when in 2020 it was 6.7 percent and in 2019 8.6 percent.Â
Furthermore, by 2022, the forecast is that the GPD will reach 8.3 percent, just under 2019.
Tourism and Investments
He also indicated that, according to data provided by the Secretaries of Tourism of the states, at the end of December 2021 there was a maintained national investment of 215,579 million pesos. This investment had 521 tourism projects, which generated 161,818 direct and indirect jobs. The entities with the highest investment are Nayarit, Mexico City, Baja California Sur, Yucatan, Quintana Roo, and Guerrero.
Also, in the third quarter of 2021, foreign direct tourism investment was one thousand 548 million dollars. And in this same period, tourism employment showed a growth of 4.9 percent, equivalent to 191,409 more employed people than the previous quarter.
He said that, from January to November 2021, in domestic flights there was an influx of 39 million 742 thousand 70 passengers, 58.2 percent more than in the same period of 2020; and in international flights, 31 million 686 thousand 341 passengers, 76.5 percent above the record of first 11 months of 2020.
Investing in Mexico Real Estate
Evidently, Mexico has all the elements to consolidate itself as an international investment destination, a leader in development and tourism. Mexico is a country with great investment opportunities, capable of generating public-private partnerships and creating joint ventures.
TheÂ Ministry of TourismÂ announced that Mexico is one of the seven most attractive countries for investment (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development – UNCTAD) and the ninth among the 25 most attractive to investors from around the world, according to AT Kearney.
Mexico is on track to consolidate itself as a global tourism power.Â
Other reasons you should take into account if you want to invest in Cancun
- Mexico is one of the best places to retire worldwide.
- Mexico has the second-largest coral reef in the world, and it is in the Mexican Caribbean.
- There are more than 45 thousand archaeological sites in Mexico, and Cancun is close to many.
- The myths and history of the Mayan world have a great ethnic and historical richness.
- Mexican gastronomy is one of the three cuisines globally declared as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- Mexico has 32 destinations declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Mexico is home to 10% of the global species diversity.
- Three thousand years of history preserve the memory of 65 ethnic groups.
- Mexico is the sixth country with the most “World Heritage” sites globally.
- There are more than 176 protected natural areas.
- The tourism industry is an essential source of income for Mexico. It is equivalent to 8.4% of GDP.
- This indoustry generates 2.5 million direct jobs and more than 5 million indirect jobs.
- It is the main tourist destination for travelers from the United States and Canada. This year Cancun became the second most visited tourist destination of the world.
Take a moment to contact us atÂ Top Mexico Real Estate.Â Let one of our professional agents provide you with information on real estate opportunities. Come and enjoy everything Cancun has to offer.
Remember, at Top Mexico Real Estateâ€¦ we make it happen!