Recently, we’ve been paying more attention to Yucatan real estate in Progreso (see, for example, Yucatan Real Estate Discovery Trip Part 1 – Beachfront Luxury in Progreso.) This little beachfront town combines the relaxing, quiet lifestyle of the Caribbean with a taste of colonial charm and all the conveniences of Yucatan’s largest city (Merida) only 30 minutes away; this includes an amazing colonial city center, international stores, shopping malls, movie theaters, an international airport and much more.
In this quiet town, you’d hardly imagine that you’re so close to everything.
Last time we were down there, we found this gem of a home, recently remodeled in a contemporary colonial style. Watch the video:
Couldn’t you just imagine lounging on that beautiful rooftop terrace, sipping a cold drink on a warm evening, watching the sun set over the sea?
The home is a walk away from everything – restaurants, cafes, bars, banks and a grocery store. Of course, it’s also a walk to the beaches of the downtown area which are home to the “malecon” or boardwalk strip of good eating and friendly places to hang out – places where there’s always someone who has time to chat!
The property description says “This historic home on the oldest street in Progreso is rumoured to have been the first governor’s home. Built 140 years ago, it has been lovingly remodeled …” Read the rest at our listing, and see a full gallery of pictures.
- Video – Enjoy a Tour of Another Luxury Beachfront Condo in Progreso, YucatanPuerto Progreso: playa, departamentos y lujo.
- Yucatan Homes for Sale in Progreso Get New Beachfront Boardwalk!
- Yucatan Real Estate Discovery Trip Part 1 – Beachfront Luxury in Progreso
- Video: Luxury Condos on the North Coast of YucatanLujosos departamentos en Puerto Progreso, Yucatán.
- That Beachfront Village in Yucatan that (Almost) No One Knows About