Beach #5 on the Countdown to the Best Beach in the Riviera Maya: Xcalacoco Beach
Cancun and the Riviera Maya are the most popular destinations in Mexico, with more than 2 million tourists every year. There are so many things to do in the beautiful Mexican Caribbean, from adventure to relaxation, tasty Mexican food, colorful fiestas and gorgeous beaches.
Even with the growing popularity of Cancun and the Riviera Maya, there are many secluded beaches waiting for adventurous souls to find them. If you want to escape the crowds and the noise of the popular beaches, traveling a little bit further will reward you with a paradisiac beach.
Xcalacoco Beach: General Information
If you want to enjoy this beautiful paradise, the access is free! So, bring your towel, sunscreen and favorite beverage. If you’d rather have a comfortable chair and cold drinks being served to you, there are also some beach clubs in the area.
The beaches have powdery white sand and beautiful turquoise to azure colored water, there are also some rocks that make the coast so much more interesting. If you are into relaxation, please try one of the message stands on the beach, it is an incredible experience.
Xcalacoco Beach: Getting There
Driving: From the Federal Highway look for the traffic light with the Coca Cola sign, and turn right (east) driving towards the beach or follow the signs for Petit Lafitte.
Keep in mind that there is not a parking lot, if you are going to the public beach in your car you might have to park on the road or pay one of the beach bars to park there. Some places will let you park for free if you eat there, always ask!
Xcalacoco Beach: Things To Do
- Xcalacoco Beach has a rocky shore and is an ideal place to snorkel.
- If you love water sports, you can go paddle boarding, kayaking or even sailboarding.
- Having a massage on the beach is a heavenly experience
- Just relax and enjoy the beautiful view.
Xcalacoco Beach: Recommendations
- There are areas on the beach that have rocks, so bringing a pair of water shoes is a good idea.
- There are no public restrooms in the area, plan accordingly.
- You won’t find trash cans at Xcalacoco beach; bring your own bags to put trash in.
- Do not forget to bring your biodegradable suntan lotion and insect repellent, harsh chemicals harm the coral reef and the local fauna.
Xcalacoco is one of our favorite beaches in the Riviera Maya, enjoy this beautiful place and let us know about your experience at Xcalacoco Beach. If you are interested in purchasing a beachfront property on Xcalacoco Beach there are several breathtaking options like The Fives a gorgeous condo-hotel.
We hope you enjoy Xcalacoco Beach. Keep up to date with the best beaches in paradise by following our Top 25 Beaches in the Riviera Maya countdown every Friday and watch all of the best beaches in the Riviera Maya Videos! If you are in search for the perfect beach to spend the day at, make sure you check out all the options. We aim to provide you with the best information about living in the Riviera Maya!
Top Mexico Real Estate…
We make it happen!