The 2016 Travelers’ Choice award by Tripadvisor is out. This list could have been taken straight from my bucket list of places in the world to see. Most are far away, distant lands but one destination close to your home made the list. And not to be biased but it is my favorite place… Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
Here is the top 25 worldwide destinations;
- 1. London, United Kingdom
- 2. Istanbul, Turkey
- 3. Marrakech, Morocco
- 4. Paris, France
- 5. Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 6. Prague, Czech Republic
- 7. Rome, Italy
- 8. Hanoi, Vietnam
- 9. New York City, New York
- 10. Ubud, Indonesia
- 11. Barcelona, Spain
- 12. Lisbon, Portugal
- 13. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 14. St. Petersburg, Russia
- 15. Bangkok, Thailand
- 16. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 17. Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 18. Hong Kong, China
- 19. Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- 20. Cape Town Central, South Africa
- 21. Tokyo, Japan
- 22. Cusco, Peru
- 23. Kathmandu, Nepal
- 24. Sydney, Australia
- 25. Budapest, Hungary
“Playa del Carmen is one of the top dive destinations in the world, thanks to vibrant sea life and dazzling underwater caverns. On dry land, Playa is a hipper and more modern version of the fishing village it once was. Spend some quality time on the golf course or wave hello to the playful spider monkeys at The Jungle Place sanctuary. Explore the ancient ruins of the Coba Mayan Village, or get in some quality people-watching as you shop and stroll along 5th Avenue.” Commented Tripadvisor about the destination hotspot Playa del Carmen.
Some of the most exotic and beautiful beaches made the list. Coming in at number 21 is Playa Paraiso in Tulum, Mexico. It is known gorgeous turquoise blue water, white powdery sand and breathtaking views.
Here is the top 25 worldwide beach destinations;
- 1. Grace Bay in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- 2. Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- 3. Playa Paraiso in Cayo Largo, Cuba
- 4. Anse Lazio in Praslin Island, Seychelles
- 5. Cayo de Agua in Los Roques National Park, Venezuela
- 6. Flamenco Beach in Culebra, Puerto Rico
- 7. Playa de Ses Illetes in Formentera, Balearic Islands
- 8. Ngapali Beach in Ngapali, Myanmar
- 9. West Bay Beach in West Bay, Honduras
- 10. Nacpan Beach in El Nido, Philippines
- 11. Maho Beach in Cruz Bay, St. John
- 12. Whitehaven Beach in Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands
- 13. Sharm El Luli in Marsa Alam, Egypt
- 14. Elafonissi Beach in Elafonissi, Greece
- 15. Playa Manuel Antonio in Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
- 16. The Baths in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- 17. Camp’s Bay Beach in Camps Bay, South Africa
- 18. Praia da Marinha in Carvoeiro, Portugal
- 19. Kata Noi Beach in Karon, Thailand
- 20. Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Florida
- 21. Playa Paraiso in Tulum, Mexico
- 22. Agonda Beach in Agonda, India
- 23. Horseshoe Bay Beach in Southampton Parish, Bermuda
- 24. Tumon Beach in Tumon, Mariana Islands
- 25. Praia de Santa Maria in Santa Maria, Cape Verde
“One of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever seen. Swim, take a nap, read a book. You’ll be happy to just be here.” Commented one Tripadvisor client about Playa Paraiso in Tulum.
“Best time to go: Year-round”, states Tripadvisor… can you imagine a gorgeous beach that has weather so nice it can be enjoyed year-round.
How many places have you been to on these lists? To experience beautiful places you don’t have to travel across the world, just go to the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Explore the culture and cuisine, wonderful sights such as ancient Mayan ruins, cenotes and pristine beaches. Enjoy the near perfect weather year round… leave those frigid winters behind. Many Americans and Canadians are not just exploring the area but are choosing to retire here. They have selected a place where their social security, pensions, and saving will go much further. See what so many are talking about, explore the Riviera Maya.
If you are interested in exploring properties in the Riviera Maya contact a Top Mexico Buyers’ Representative today.
We Make It Happen!