Just in time for the holiday season, we are finally seeing Playa del Carmen’s newest and most anxiously awaited project now completed and ready for the high season and Christmas shopping in Playa del Carmen! If you haven’t already guessed, I’m talking about the new Quinta Alegria Mall, located directly on the 5th Avenue in the heart of Playa del Carmen!
For many months we have heard countless rumors about what stores we would see welcomed to Playa del Carmen. There were many hopes of an H&M and Victoria Secrets, as well as a Cheesecake factory and other beloved American Brands.
While some of these rumors did not prove to be true we still have a final result that is pleasing to many expats who live in Playa as well as favored shopping options for tourists!
So what can you expect to see added to your selection for shopping in Playa del Carmen this holiday season?
- Sanbourns! Mexico’s well known and loved department store and restaurant selling everything from books, to sunglasses, to perfumes and makeup, to DVD’s and electronics!
- Victoria Secret Beauty! The VC name is making a mark in Playa for loved fragrances, makeup and accessories! Sorry ladies, this VC is mainly for accessories!
- Levis! Perfectly fitting for some cooler Playa nights ahead with their nice selection of denim jeans
- Columbia! Well-loved brand for outdoor active wear and apparel
- The Body Shop! We’ve seen it in Cancun but now you can find the best of your favorite lotions, shower gels, hand soaps, sprays and mineral make up items here in Playa!
- Forever 21! Most anticipated opening among the female crowd in Playa del Carmen. This Forever 21 has two entire floors reserved for clothing and accessories for women!
- Bebe! High end clothing store for women well known in the United States
Along with some of these great new additions you will also find some repeats such as the Nike store, Marti Sporting Goods, Mister Tennis, Oakley, Watch my Watch, Sunglass Hut, La Europea, Harley Davidson and Starbucks and more!
The mall itself is a beautiful and attractive addition to the 5th avenue with a very appealing open air design! If you have been able to walk by these days you will see the beautiful Christmas tree lit up and plenty of pretty white lights inside making it a pleasant new landmark in Playa del Carmen!
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping in Playa del Carmen this season!